• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Daily Gear Deals?

Greg

Staff member
Yup. Altrec.com is legit. Those seven items from their feed popped in automatically since it was the first time I set it up. I'm working with them to set up daily deals similar to SAC as well as the other Backcountry sites which is also in the works. The thinking is that we'll soon have a daily item (obviously more SAC) from a number of quality vendors.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yup. Altrec.com is legit. Those seven items from their feed popped in automatically since it was the first time I set it up. I'm working with them to set up daily deals similar to SAC as well as the other Backcountry sites which is also in the works. The thinking is that we'll soon have a daily item (obviously more SAC) from a number of quality vendors.

I got a feeling this may cost me :sad: :roll: ;-)

Greg

Staff member
Thanks! It's still in its infancy. I hope to add more merchants very soon...

Greg

Staff member
I noticed that. I think that item has been offered recently. vBulletin uses the GUID in the RSS feed to create a new thread. If it detects the same GUID as one previously used a new thread is not created. SAC will be altering the RSS feed in the near future so I'll address this issue. BTW, Ive set up our very own RSS feed for the Daily Gear Deals forum so you all can keep updated on new items from several vendors (to be added during the next few weeks) as well as SAC:

http://rss.alpinezone.com/gear.php

bvibert

Staff member
Have you noticed that some of the links are not pointing to the actual items when selecting them?

Once the SteepAndCheap item is sold out and the next one comes up then there is no way to get to that sold out item. So yes, all the SAC links will always point to the current item.

Greg

Staff member
Once the SteepAndCheap item is sold out and the next one comes up then there is no way to get to that sold out item. So yes, all the SAC links will always point to the current item.

Brian is right. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to automatically close a thread when the current item sells out (that would be impossible to predict) so I simply lock the threads after 24 hours. The rule of them with the SAC threads is to simply view only the most current one. It's not perfect, but that's the best we can do.

roark

I like that all the old threads are there. I was gone for a week and can easily see what I missed.