• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre Glades (NY)

TropicTundR

Anyone know how the glades currently are (with the lack of natural snow are there many rutted/rooted and rocky boiler plated areas?)

Thanks,

mriceyman

Idk but hunter was sketchy today and the glades looked like a skating rink

Sent from my C771 using AlpineZone mobile app

legalskier

Belleayre Glades, Cathedral Brook Glades & Big T Glades were in great shape on Saturday- so were all the non-glade woods I was in all day long. Plattekill woods were the same on Sunday- saw quite a few tracks in there.
Unfortunately, the daytime thaw, nighttime freeze pattern we're in converts the previously soft pow into rutted grooves and hard surface. Until we get another decent dump I'll be cautious about venturing back in there.
Definitely bring your rock skis.

Last edited:

Which way glades at Hunter should be good this weekend, since they receive the snowmaking blow over.

skiking4

Which way glades at Hunter should be good this weekend, since they receive the snowmaking blow over.

A problem with that glades is it's truly cut, gladed skiing rather than tree or wood skiing. As in, those trees get pretty much the same wind as Westway and Clair's do. I've skied the Westside when the wind was whipping; Clair's was bare, Which Way glades and skier's right of Westway were totally windscraped, but tons of snow dug up on skier's left of Westway by the snow fences. Don't really see to much great about Which Way Glades. What's good is the glades to skier's left of Way Out. I don't know why they're marked off with signs not to ski there, but they are really good, tight, steep, and untracked glades when the snow is good.

Except, in this case, it is OK; Which Way Glades get some man made snow blown in there from the two neighboring trails.