• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1.23.11

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 1.23.11

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Sundown

Conditions: PP, groomed, sunny, cold, little bit of wind

Trip Report: Took my daughter out for a little daddy + me skiing time. We did mostly cruising on Tom's and Canyon Run. She even dragged me back to Sunnyside because i couldn't convince her they got rid of the "junior" terrain park.

She did a couple of NASTAR runs too. She wasn't happy that she failed to get a medal but we'll try again soon.

The bump course from yesterday was gone. Lots of kids around, enjoying the face painting, helmet decorating, balloon animals and free popcorn that were part of the Winter Festival.

It was a bit chilly today but Cheese fries and hot chocolate were good warm up snacks

As always, we had fun.

Last edited:

o3jeff

She must of been proud skiing with yesterdays third place finisher!

I planned on going today, just couldn't motivate myself.

gmcunni

She must of been proud skiing with yesterdays third place finisher!

Megan and I did have a conversation about the comp.. she asked how i did.. i said not well. she ask about it further and i said i came in 3rd. She was very excited but then i told her there were only 4 people and she laughed.

Saw Chris Sullivan today so i got to claim my prize.