• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 2.11.2012

gmcunni

it didn't snow like it was supposed to but i skied anyway. skied with my IPOD for company.

not crowded

soft snow was nice, some icy spots around the hill.

bumps on lower stinger were fun

Madroch

Had the 8:30 to 12:00 or so shift... surprisingly good I thought. A little soft, but not the sugar or mush I have encountered all too often this year. Ventured into the bumps for real for the first time since the rib incident..nice to do so--had the motives on -- 82mm/182cm - they were very comfortable in the stinger/ex well spaced mini-bumps, but I think I will need some pratice if I want to make em work in anything a lot tighter or deeper. Crossed the tails a couple of times and lost the back end-- poor skiing technique and getting used to the wideness...

Gotta say, finding the motives kind of fun and versatile- they can carve medium/ong radius on all kinds of conditions relatively well- even on the ice they are quite good (but nothing like the RC's- which just beg to bite and hold), relatively stable in slop and at speed--did okay in the forgiving bumps, but I can't skid them consistently well yet in short check turns-- may be partly that 182cm is a lot of ski for me at 5'8" 140....(can't believe I would ever say that after spending my youth on 203cm slalam uber stiff boards).

skiadikt

what's happened to the regular sundown crew. no reports from greg, bvibert etc. on strike?

bvibert

Staff member
I've barely been out this year. I was out with the kids for a while yesterday though...

2knees

what's happened to the regular sundown crew. no reports from greg, bvibert etc. on strike?

I dont ski anymore.

you should come in the spring and ski gunny with us. The dis will be there. its a mini outer limits, just kinda not steepish.

skiadikt

it's all greg's fault now that he's a rock star ...

always wanted to get up there, just tough with the gear at k.

2knees

it's all greg's fault now that he's a rock star ...

always wanted to get up there, just tough with the gear at k.

Rent then. I am telling you right now there is no better trail to ski when it is mid march, sunny and 65 then gunny. Probably cause it is 40 and cloudy at k with frozen bumps

Madroch

Gunny is special For a week or two each march- got plenty of time off saved to utilize if the base holds- looks thin... But I won't nay say- and I can't bash the decision to turn the guns off this year when they did... Economic reality.

I'll get what I can and hope for the best....

o3jeff

Gunny is special For a week or two each march- got plenty of time off saved to utilize if the base holds- looks thin... But I won't nay say- and I can't bash the decision to turn the guns off this year when they did... Economic reality.

I'll get what I can and hope for the best....

H8ter ;-):flame: