• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

BenedictGomez

My friends house near mt snow

This is why during a massive snow, I always shovel every 6". During the 36" storm a few years back I did that, and drove my SUV up and down the driveway making "tracks" every few hours, and I was one of the few people able to get to the hill early. A P.I.T.A. for sure, but the payoff is huge.

BenedictGomez

Never been to Magic, I see they'll only have 1 chair running this weekend, does the line get lone on a Saturday when that happens?

My other option is Plattekill.

I was going to go to n.VT, but the storm didnt pan out at all up there.

SkiingInABlueDream

well I'm bumming. I was on track to hit Magic today, until my car got stuck in my driveway heading out. It's actually not my car. My Subaru is in the shop and I have my dad's Civic on borrow. What I didn't know was that the cars all season tires are very worn. Couldn't make the slight incline to the street, slid sideways into the ditch off the driveway trying to gun it out. I've become soooooooo spoiled by AWD+snows. Oh and after getting it towed out I find that a rear wheel has become seized somehow.

Major envy of anyone who's getting it today!

Edd

At SR. They’re claiming 10” and that feels right. Very dense. Over on Jordan there’s a few random knee-high snow speed bumps, created by wind, which you don’t see every day. Feeling very lucky to be out here.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

slatham

Never been to Magic, I see they'll only have 1 chair running this weekend, does the line get lone on a Saturday when that happens?

They are working on Black Line - I have not seen any final determination other than the goal having it run this weekend.

kingslug

Still pretty good up there. Rather have the vert. And its going to snow some more. Stowe gets hit pretty good out of nowhere at times.

BenedictGomez

Still pretty good up there. Rather have the vert. And its going to snow some more. Stowe gets hit pretty good out of nowhere at times.

Meh... I'd much rather have 1,500 feet of epic vertical, than 2,300 feet of okay vertical.

The 3 to 5 inches is not equivalent to the 41 to 50 the Cats and s.Vt got in the last 6 days. And s.VT is slated to get just as much snow as n.VT over the next few days if not more, so I see no reason to drive to n.VT when conditions are so much better in Cats & s.VT.

BenedictGomez

They are working on Black Line - I have not seen any final determination other than the goal having it run this weekend.

The web site makes it sound like it wont be running this weekend. So I'm wondering how crowded a Saturday or Sunday gets with just the red chair?

BFJ8

Jay Cloud dumping right now, even local forecast seems mild

drjeff

The web site makes it sound like it wont be running this weekend. So I'm wondering how crowded a Saturday or Sunday gets with just the red chair?

As an FYI, on Sunday, Magic is hosting a race who's current start list is about 100 or so kids long. Add in some coaches, and I'm sure, given all the snow that just fell, a few more than the usual maybe 20% of parents who typically ski on their kids race days(myself included), and that will put probably 150 to maybe 200 people on the Red on Sunday....

BenedictGomez

As an FYI, on Sunday, Magic is hosting a race who's current start list is about 100 or so kids long. Add in some coaches, and I'm sure, given all the snow that just fell, a few more than the usual maybe 20% of parents who typically ski on their kids race days(myself included), and that will put probably 150 to maybe 200 people on the Red on Sunday....

That admittedly stinks, given it's slated to be crowded to begin with and it's the only chair running. Still, I've never been to Magic, so I think I'll just do it anyway. Mini-adventure.

Glenn

Damn! This storm delivered in SoVT! The Greens at least. I'd say maybe a foot just north of Bratt? But it's snowing again there...and again at Stratton and Mt. Snow.

So I guess the woods are back in play for this weekend in the Southern Greens. :lol: