• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good New England Bump Runs

machski

SR bumps are building on the usual naturals. Add in Top Gun, Agony, Rogue Angel, Upper Downdraft (all currently open on natural only and bumped up pretty nicely). Some of the better blacks in Oz/Jordan just opened so soft untracked today will start building bumps by tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiFanE

SR bumps are building on the usual naturals. Add in Top Gun, Agony, Rogue Angel, Upper Downdraft (all currently open on natural only and bumped up pretty nicely). Some of the better blacks in Oz/Jordan just opened so soft untracked today will start building bumps by tomorrow.

Actually bumps seemed to have been kinda flattened by wind. We took 2 days off on cold days and today top gun had kinda flat wind scoured moguls. Totally edgeable and no problem. It just needs more traffic. Same with Locke line trails. Was kinda weird because usually moguls grow over time lol.

machski

Actually bumps seemed to have been kinda flattened by wind. We took 2 days off on cold days and today top gun had kinda flat wind scoured moguls. Totally edgeable and no problem. It just needs more traffic. Same with Locke line trails. Was kinda weird because usually moguls grow over time lol.
Yeah, I did notice that. Still fun and I'll take the soft windblown fill any day over icy troughs!

Griswold

The skiing was great at Sunday River on Friday and Saturday. Was a little disappointing on the mogul front though. The best I found was agony, and it's a stretch to say they were any good at all. Either way, had a great time after years away from Sunday River.

Hope to keep this thread going all year, and selfishly looking for reports at the max pass mountains....

Has sunapee set up the seeded bumps on flying goose yet??

Happy new year everyone

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SkiFanE

The skiing was great at Sunday River on Friday and Saturday. Was a little disappointing on the mogul front though. The best I found was agony, and it's a stretch to say they were any good at all. Either way, had a great time after years away from Sunday River.

Hope to keep this thread going all year, and selfishly looking for reports at the max pass mountains....

Has sunapee set up the seeded bumps on flying goose yet??

Happy new year everyone

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Was at SR from 12/23 to today. After the 2 Xmas storms bumps were pretty good - agony was awesome. But the wind really seemed to flatten them. So by Saturday they were not nearly as good. Agony looked pretty well trafficked by then. Best on Saturday were downdraft and Topgun - although I didn't get further west - too damn cold for me lol. They actually have a lot of great natural open - just haven't been to it all yet.

kingslug

Lower K at Hunter had the usual huge wales and moguls but no ice, so it was kind of fun. Annapurna on the other hand had MONSTER wales that all you could do was go around them. SO I wouldn't consider that a mogul run, although it did have some.

gnardawg

Was at SR 12/29-31 - Friday and Saturday skied a few runs on Caramba and Ruby Palace. Ruby Palace was easily the best run of the weekend. TONS OF SNOW on it

Was at SR from 12/23 to today. After the 2 Xmas storms bumps were pretty good - agony was awesome. But the wind really seemed to flatten them. So by Saturday they were not nearly as good. Agony looked pretty well trafficked by then. Best on Saturday were downdraft and Topgun - although I didn't get further west - too damn cold for me lol. They actually have a lot of great natural open - just haven't been to it all yet.

SkiFanE

Was at SR 12/29-31 - Friday and Saturday skied a few runs on Caramba and Ruby Palace. Ruby Palace was easily the best run of the weekend. TONS OF SNOW on it
We planned to hit them Saturday. Headed over from Spruce about 9a and realized we would have to ski Cyclone to get there. And I was already chilly and cruiser run to Jordan, in cold shade sounded brutal. So we returned to NO Peak and never got back that way. Admittedly - this cold sucked the life out of me - hate it and had lots of fun in Yetiville and Locke/Barker naturals.

eatskisleep

Who has good bumps right now? Loon or Cannon? Saturday is looking nice...

Janimal444

Who has good bumps right now? Loon or Cannon? Saturday is looking nice...

Last weekend at Cannon Zoomer Lift Line had some pretty good bumps but coverage was getting king of thin. They left some bumps on Rocket but the rest of the Front 5 (Avalanche and Paulie's) were groomed out. They seem to be doing this a lot which is starting to piss me off actually. Loon may have seeded bumps on Lower Flume like they often do in the spring.