• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown - 2/18/09 (night)

Greg

Staff member
Wow! What a nice little surprise that was!

Got skiing about 7:30 and approaching 3" down. The bumps were fantastic powder bumps. The wettish snow bonded nicely and didn't ski out immediately, but was still pretty fluffy. Started hammering runs. Eventually met up with Brian and then mondeo. Also was able to convince powhunter to head up. He got there around 8:50. Picked up mikey1 for the last few runs of the night.

Forecast was calling for 2-4" and I was expecting maybe 2" tops by the end of the night. We were treated to a full on powder bumps session. The first two hours was some of the best skiing I've had on Temptor this season, even better than a few of the bigger powder nights, probably due to the great manmade that was blown on the bumps over the weekend. That never set up and the new snow was icing on the cake. Ended up with 4"+ before the change to rain. The last 30 minutes was a little tacky and grabby, and the more skied in lines actually got faster with the wet packed snow, but overall still very nice. We timed it perfectly!

Great way to bid farewell to Temptor fellas! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Oh, BTW, Grassi - totally the wrong call skipping out on tonight. :roll: Sorry bud... :razz:

Mikey1

Glad I could catch a couple of bump runs with you guys at the end of the night. Definitely worth getting out. Still drying out as I type, but the snow ws definitely sweet.

bvibert

Staff member
Awesome awesome night, really glad I made it out! :spread: I had some good solid runs, the bumps were really forgiving. That was a great way to end the Temptor bump season for me, assuming that they're gone and Gunny is seeded the next time I'm there.

Oh, BTW, Grassi - totally the wrong call skipping out on tonight. :roll: Sorry bud... :razz:

+1 million

bvibert

Staff member
One crappy cell phone pic from 9:45, it doesn't do it justice, but it's all I took. No time for media with Greg pushing me along all night. ;)

danny p

sweet! I love it when the weather works out in the skiers favor!

Glenn

Nice. Glad to hear you guys made it out in the snow. It actually snowed pretty good in Wallyworld for a few hours. I imagine it was even better North at Sundown.

Greg

Staff member
No time for media with Greg pushing me along all night. ;)

Sorry bud. I was a man on a mission last night. Temptor is too short not to just hammer runs out. Wait until Gunny gets up and running T2B baby! 8)

bvibert

Staff member
Sorry bud. I was a man on a mission last night. Temptor is too short not to just hammer runs out. Wait until Gunny gets up and running T2B baby! 8)

No problem, I wasn't complaining. The push was appreciated.