• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1/1/09

Greg

Staff member
I'll make it short. Skied from about 11-2. Cold, but sunny. Met up with 2knees and Brian later on. The Nor'easter bumps were decent with fresh snowmaking. Temptor was much rougher. Wind scored glare ice troughs on the far right. Middle was okay. Left was the most skiable and I stuck mostly to that despite the sweepiness of the bumps. Some snowmaking on Temptor and they should improve. Brian and I looked into a woods shot and bailed and skied our final run on Gunny which was fast edgeable and actually pretty fun. Oh well, not the best outing, but it was still fun. Pat seemed depressed after the great session he had yesterday...:lol:

Greg

Staff member
If the bumps are bad, do you guys ski groomers???

Shitty bumps are still better than good groomers.

Again, I did one run on Gunbarrel. For those that like firm fast packed snow, today was great.

gmcunni

My son and i were there from 1 - 4:30 today. We skied all over the hill, conditions were better than i expected. The way the wind was howling last night i figured it would be a rough day out there but it wasn't bad at all.

Bumps on the top of Nor'Easter were fun and I took a few runs down temptor. I thought the left side skied pretty good. I did convince Jake to join me on one run down temptor and he did well but still prefers cruising.

Greg

Staff member
I did convince Jake to join me on one run down temptor and he did well but still prefers cruising.

Keep at it. You can talk some sense into him yet... ;)

2knees

yeah sorry for being a wet blanket. i wasnt not into that at all today after the way they were yesterday. i dont mind ice bumps once in a while but twice in one week with a pow bump filler kinda killed it for me.

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, they weren't quite as nice as I was hoping after all the snow we got. Still had some fun skiing with Greg and Pat though. I ended up getting on skis at about 12:30 I guess and skied until Greg left at 2. The groomed trails were in good shape, but I just wasn't feeling navigating the gaper zaniness on by myself. I'm glad I got out, though I wish I had pulled it off the day before instead...

gmcunni

Keep at it. You can talk some sense into him yet... ;)

almost forgot. a few runs after we saw you we were riding up the lift and my son commented "Dad, those alpinezone guys all had skis made just for moguls".