• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail to buy Stowe?

mbedle

Just saw that Stowe is also going to expand the parking at the cross country center. Guessing they will be busing people up to the resort on Saturdays.

dlague

I looked at that maybe a month or so ago and was surprised to see the images hadn't been updated in a while. I wonder why they don't keep that cam going year-round.

They want people to think they have skiing in July!

cdskier

Marketing?

They want people to think they have skiing in July!

Hah...if it was up to me, I'd want to be showcasing how green and beautiful the mountains look in the summer to encourage people to come up and visit this time of year! The April 30th brown trees, ground, and melting dirty snow images aren't overly appealing.

dlague

Hah...if it was up to me, I'd want to be showcasing how green and beautiful the mountains look in the summer to encourage people to come up and visit this time of year! The April 30th brown trees, ground, and melting dirty snow images aren't overly appealing.

all kidding aside, it is odd that they do not have them running.

cdskier

all kidding aside, it is odd that they do not have them running.

Agreed.

When it first went offline I thought maybe they were just doing some maintenance or had power shut off to the summit or something like that. But the Peak lodge is open now as is the Gondola...so those ideas don't seem likely anymore.

mbedle

Stowe appears to only be offering this season a Stowe only college pass for $399. That at least is some good news as far as crowds next year. I got to believe that a lot of 20 somethings will pick the Sugarbush 20's something pass for $399 over the epic $859 and most 30 somethings will go with Sugarbush's 30 something pass for $599. We shall see.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Stowe appears to only be offering this season a Stowe only college pass for $399. That at least is some good news as far as crowds next year. I got to believe that a lot of 20 somethings will pick the Sugarbush 20's something pass for $399 over the epic $859 and most 30 somethings will go with Sugarbush's 30 something pass for $599. We shall see.

If cost is the only factor, sure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

I was on the Epic Pass Products site which is newly redesigned and any one see something glaringly missing?

http://epic.snow.com/mountain-exploration/

Stowe is only mentioned on the Buy Your Season Pass link.

Almost like they are saying - you are part of the family but you are the red headed step child.

Edd

I know it's Vail's call but it just sounds so much like Stowe to not play ball with the rest of the kids. Their tag line should be "Go fuck yourself".