• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!!

Highway Star

So, I'm thinking about ugrading to a better bike. I want something that will stand up to rougher riding, bigger jumps and drops. When I ride off something 2ft with my current bike, it makes horrible sounds and feels like it's going to fold in half. The wheels are flexy and the tires are wimpy. Any ideas?

So, I'm thinking about ugrading to a better bike. I want something that will stand up to rougher riding, bigger jumps and drops. When I ride off something 2ft with my current bike, it makes horrible sounds and feels like it's going to fold in half. The wheels are flexy and the tires are wimpy. Any ideas?

Mongoose//as anybody who spends over $500 on a bike got ripped off..

Highway Star

So, I've been saving some cash, and I'm ready to throw down $1000 or so for a good used bike I can actually ride as ski resorts with. Been looking at ebay a bit and the local craigslists. Should I get a full downhill bike? How much is too much?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Greg, I offer you $119 for your bike.

Happy?
doghouse.gif

Ok troll...back into your box

Highway Star

So, I was out riding around in the woods in a new spot, and found some BIG drops people had setup, 5 ft all the way up to 10 ft. No way I was going to ride my NEXT off of those!!! Does anyone have any real advice about picking up a decent used downhill bike that can handle a 10 ft drop?

bvibert

Staff member
I suggest one of these:
rocket_bike.jpg

Complete with rocket booster to help propel you off those drops...

Highway Star

Bump!!! The NEXT has been awesome this year. A month or so ago I took it on a 100 mile road ride and did it in only 8 hours!

Anyway, I'm looking into geting or making some studded snow and ice tires so I can go out and slay the gnar during the winter. Any advice on that?

Rambo

Bump!!! The NEXT has been awesome this year. A month or so ago I took it on a 100 mile road ride and did it in only 8 hours!

Anyway, I'm looking into geting or making some studded snow and ice tires so I can go out and slay the gnar during the winter. Any advice on that?

winter_1.jpg