• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain 1/30/2009

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Magic Mountain is looking good today!
0130091207_01.jpg

I guess Brian and Greg are enjoying themselves. :D

MR. evil

Randi and I will be there on Sat, should be a good day!

ta&idaho

Looks great...considering a LONG day trip tomorrow for the leftovers, so I'm looking forward to a more extensive TR.

MRGisevil

Don't worry, Jeff. My disdain is especially reserved for Marc- I'm quite nice to everyone else I meet on the lift :)

loafer89

I think we will be up there on saturday as well. The original plan was for Mad River Glen, but I'm a bit tired of driving after Saddleback/Sugarloaf last weekend.

MR. evil

I think we will be up there on saturday as well. The original plan was for Mad River Glen, but I'm a bit tired of driving after Saddleback/Sugarloaf last weekend.

I will be wearing a grey Spyder coat, tan pants and a blue helmet with a bunch of stickers on it. Randi will be wearing a white Spyder coat and plaid ski pants. If you see us on the hill say hi.

Grassi21

What a lovely couple! :lol:

I was going to join them today but I didn't want to feel like a 3rd wheel.

Hope you enjoyed it guys. I think that is Twilightzone in the pic and it looks superb!

loafer89

I will be wearing a grey Spyder coat, tan pants and a blue helmet with a bunch of stickers on it. Randi will be wearing a white Spyder coat and plaid ski pants. If you see us on the hill say hi.

I'll be in a red/black two piece Spyder with my sidekick (Warren) in tow. I am sure he will be dragging the old man down Redline.

Greg

Staff member
Awesome day. That was some dense powder though. Everything that was skied was very wind-loaded and skier packed, but the snow bonded well to all the rocks and whatnot. We managed 13 runs (9 with Gary), skiing from 9 am - almost 4 pm with a 45 minute break for lunch. Runs of the day were Redline (3X) and Magician (from the upper) to Heart of Magician to the Hallows (2X). Also hit Greenline for the first time; short but pretty steep. Hit all the other major runs, Slide of Hans, Sorceror, Talisman, Blackline, Goniff and Twilight Zone. Redline was by far the sickest. The face skied nicely and the drop after it seemed bigger than I remember. Hallows was fun and there is still definitely some untracked if you looks for it in there. We also skied some woods off Heart of Magician and all flailed around like gapers so we looked for an out. Great day. Good to finally get north again. Got some vid that I'll probably put together tomorrow.

o3jeff

Good to hear you all had a good time and that the conditions are prime. Get the video up tonight so we can see what is in store for us tomorrow! Sounds like I need to dig out the Mythic Riders for tomorrow.

MR. evil

Awesome day. That was some dense powder though. Everything that was skied was very wind-loaded and skier packed, but the snow bonded well to all the rocks and whatnot. We managed 13 runs (9 with Gary), skiing from 9 am - almost 4 pm with a 45 minute break for lunch. Runs of the day were Redline (3X) and Magician (from the upper) to Heart of Magician to the Hallows (2X). Also hit Greenline for the first time; short but pretty steep. Hit all the other major runs, Slide of Hans, Sorceror, Talisman, Blackline, Goniff and Twilight Zone. Redline was by far the sickest. The face skied nicely and the drop after it seemed bigger than I remember. Hallows was fun and there is still definitely some untracked if you looks for it in there. We also skied some woods off Heart of Magician and all flailed around like gapers so we looked for an out. Great day. Good to finally get north again. Got some vid that I'll probably put together tomorrow.

Sounds like a good day. We will be there tomorrow with Jeff and my buddy Nelson. What are some nice intermediate woods to ski there. For all the times I have been to Magic I have never gone in the woods