• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3/10/09

Greg

Staff member
Quick hitter this afternoon after work. Skied with o3jeff and then MrMagic showed up. Bart's wife, Jeanine was also tearing it up with her son. Bumps are in great shape. The burned out area is not really any worse. MrMagic seemed to think they must have thrown snow on there and Chris Sullivan confirmed that. What other mountain sends guys up the hill with snow to fill in dirt troughs? :) Anyway good session, about 90 minutes. Had to dial it back a bit; still really tired from Sunday's epic rip-fest. Still managed a few fast lines and a couple twists off the jump. MrMagic shot some stills. Gonna be touch and go for the next few days. Monti was doing a great jump bumping chairs. ;)

o3jeff

Like Greg said they are still in great shape. Am really enjoying figuring out skiing these things and once I can get a hold of scrubbing some speed I think I will be able to get some longer runs in.

Ending up skiing until 6:15, well worth the trip.

Greg

Staff member
Like Greg said they are still in great shape. Am really enjoying figuring out skiing these things and once I can get a hold of scrubbing some speed I think I will be able to get some longer runs in.

Fun, ain't it? You're at a really great point in the learning curve. Now that you're getting it, a lot of thing will start to "click" and in rapid succession. Each little "ah ha" moment keeps you coming back for more. As Chris and I mentioned today, the next item you should focus on is looking ahead. Start with 2-3 bumps, then work up to 4-5+. Trusting your short term memory based on what you saw a few seconds prior and reacting to it instinctively is a really great feeling. You mentioned that line correction has been challenging. Looking further ahead will help immensely with that. Overall though, looking solid, and again amazing progress in just a few short weeks. Keep at it through April to ride this learning curve as high as the season will allow. Plenty of spring bumps left even after Sundown closes.

Greg

Staff member

Maybe MrMagic will snap one. I think he's still there. It's looker's left of lift one, right where the kickers were over the weekend, just up from the rainbow (can't remember if that's still there.) Probably 6 foot walls. Pretty neat.

gmcunni

Maybe MrMagic will snap one. I think he's still there. It's looker's left of lift one, right where the kickers were over the weekend, just up from the rainbow (can't remember if that's still there.) Probably 6 foot walls. Pretty neat.

cool, was it open? people hitting it?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Seriously? I thought you guys were joking at first! :lol:

Nice job, Jeff, on hitting more bumps!

Damn... I'll be the only lame Sundown AZer.... You guys suck! :p

MrMagic

an awsome night/ day, didnt even know that greg and jeff were going to be there so it was a double bonus
greg and jeff were looking good today ( no homo) i think jeff caught this mogul bug that has been going around - only cure- more moguls skied till 7:50 started to rain here are the pictures

Picture_051.jpg

Picture_053.jpg

this one would have been great but he had to flash some weird gang sign and he wasent even balzin his dew rag

Picture_059.jpg

Picture_061.jpg

right before this one was taken jeff yelled at those people in the photo to " stay out of his line" what a mogul snob

Picture_050.jpg

Picture_0541.jpg

powbmps

Nice pictures. Like the twister. Bumps are looking good too.

Greg

Staff member
Digging the stills for a change! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
update your sig, you are up to a 2:30 twister.

:lol: 2:15 at best. I think that was the one where my tails got hung up on the lip of the jump. The one on my last run felt like 2:45 at least.

powhunter

bumps were great last night as well!! The rain softened em up even more...Visibility kinda sucked but It was well worth the trip got in about 5 runs between 915-10

steveo