• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone - New Ownership

Greg

Staff member
Greg: Don't be a stranger.

No plans to be.

I'm sure most of you recall that the I made the decision to sell the site back in 2009. One of my biggest concerns was finding the "right" buyer, and I think I've done that in Nick and Stefanie. AZ was a big part of my life since 1998, but during the past few years, I had the realization that I've taken it as far as I can. As my kids are getting older, time is more and more limited. Also, the band thing has taken up a lot of my remaining free time the past year and a half and I'm just having a blast with that. Finally, I also decided I needed to refocus on my "day job" and be more committed to that. I've had a lot of time to let this set in, and I feel 100% comfortable with the decision.

It was a true pleasure meeting and skiing with Nick and Stefanie at the AZ Summit last weekend. They undoubtedly will bring a new passion and energy to AZ and I have full confidence that they will indeed take it to the next level. Join me in welcoming them as the new ownership. I look forward to assisting during the transition period.

bvibert

Staff member
You as well! Although I can't place names to half the faces I met. I'm sure it will come with time.

The only important one to remember is me, and I was the big guy with that thing growing on his chin, so I'm easy to remember...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
will you be unbanning anyone?

In all seriousness I have no idea about some of that history here on AZ, I'm going to work with the mods regarding things like that.

I'm certainly not changing anything around here anytime soon... Greg built an awesome community here and I intend to do my best to keep it that way! :beer:

SkiDork

The only important one to remember is me, and I was the big guy with that thing growing on his chin, so I'm easy to remember...

Like a "Chia-Chin"

450px-Chia_pet.jpg

snowmonster

Red Sox (actually going to opening day next Friday!)

This was the only answer that mattered to me.;)

Welcome aboard, Nick. I hope to ski with you someday. Since you're a Wa skier, is Wachusett the new Sundown? =) A meet-up with Wa AZers may be in order before season's end.

Greg, thanks for giving us this pen to play in. If it weren't for AZ, I don't think I'd be into skiing as much as I am now. Good luck on whatever road you decide to walk on.

bvibert

Staff member
I seriously haven't even logged into the admin panel yet. Hahaha. I'm too busy in here responding plus trying to get ready for a meeting at my day job!

Make sure to pay attention to the difference between the Quote and Edit buttons.. ;)

WJenness

Nick,

Welcome. It was nice to meet you this weekend... I'm also easy to remember... I think it was you that I said "I'm the big guy without the beard, Brian is the big guy with the beard."... Congrats on the purchase of the site, and I hope you can grow it into something of your own while still maintaining the awesome community that Greg has built.

Greg,

I hope we'll still see you at the Summit next year. (Notice how I'm assuming the Summit will happen again? Hint, hint. ;-) )

Also, thank you for selling it to a person who is genuinely interested in the forum and not to some faceless corporation. I watched a strong forum (Audiworld) be destroyed in short order when it was sold to an internet giant, and the community spirit was quickly ripped from the site.

I'm very happy to have been a part of what you've grown here Greg, and please know that you and your site have had a VERY positive on my development as a skier. Thanks for everything.

-w

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Looks like you mountain bike too, where do you usually ride?

Not as much as I'd like recently. I have a 1995 Proflex 855 that literally squeaks with every bump, it drives me crazy now. At the time it was awesome but now that bike is > 15 years old and has been beaten to hell.

I have gone at Douglas State Forest (Douglas, MA) and some places around where I work in Marlboro, MA. When I grew up in Connecticut I used to go to Case Mt. in Manchester almost daily, even in the winter.

I did go to Mount Snow once in the summer during the NORBA events... that was like 1998. I snapped my fork on a rock in the cross country race, proFlex gave me a new one for free which was pretty awesome.