• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

MadMadWorld

Loon today. (Again) turned into one of my best non pow days of the season. An inch of something overnight, sleet maybe, skied great. Legit corn bumps on Dipper and Triple Trouble. TT is getting thin, but it was worthy of many laps.
94c98ba10916d93a8a08c446a33220e4.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app
This is one of the best bump pics I've seen in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

Those were definitely the best runs I've had this year. Snow was fantastic, just like floating down butter the whole way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWF-VT

Nice pics from Mt Ellen today...nothing like a powder day and having trails to yourself. It's still snowing hard here at the base of Mt Ellen at 7 PM.

sankaty

Magic today. Fantastic powder everywhere, of course. Snow was a bit dense, presumably due to wind, which is not a bad thing as it provides a more robust base and Magic was clearly down to bare ground in many places before the storm. As it is, it's pretty easy to hit bottom on the steepest pitches, but most other places the rocks, etc., are easily avoided. Favorites were Witch, Twilight Zone, Heart of the Magician, and Sorcerer. Goniff had too many lurking rocks for me. Didn't ski Black Line, but looked a bit rocky.

Skied one woods run and didn't try again. Some powder turns, but lots of hidden obstacles. Definitely not for the risk adverse.

Pico tomorrow!

catsup948

After a cold, brutal but fun weekend up north. I stayed local and skied Berkshire East the last couple days. There were a few rocks but the skiing did not suck! Lots of powder to go around!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

Work schedule was favorable today. Was going to do Mountain Creek on Max but decided I had a better chance of bumps at Camelback which is what I really wanted to work out on. Think I guessed right as Cliffhanger was a sea of moguls from top to bottom. Even a showoff set (every mountain needs a showoff set of bumps) just above the Hotel and Trails End Restaurant. A nice way to start off the Spring trip out west as conditions were outstanding. On to the silver bird tomorrow.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
Plattekill tomorrow, $45 tickets walk up. Place opened for skiing Wed and has been closed since. They got an additional 6" last night.

Originally thought of going to Gore, but Gore got a lot less snow and it's 45 minutes further from home. No brainer!

moresnow

Plattekill tomorrow, $45 tickets walk up. Place opened for skiing Wed and has been closed since. They got an additional 6" last night.

Originally thought of going to Gore, but Gore got a lot less snow and it's 45 minutes further from home. No brainer!
Platty was open today because someone rented it out. Can't imagine they tracked it up too badly. Place looked pretty empty on the webcams.

sankaty

Pico was incredible today. Knee to thigh deep Utah quality snow. I was very surprised how much less dense the snow was compared to Magic yesterday. I'm guessing it has something to do with wind exposure.

zFbu8w1.jpg
SYWCSYH.jpg
aivijfH.jpg
ftqJXMp.jpg