• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HBO (Byant Gumbel) covering backcountry skiing.

Angus

I think he use to ski at Lost Valley area in college.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
If they do a sensationalist piece on cliff huckers, it will be incredibly ironic as I suspect most of the Avi deaths this year didn't happen when skiers and riders were actively involved in hucking escapades. And the grand huckster himself survived his record setting drop only to be swept away in an avalanche.

It would be a much more interesting piece if it focused on decision making and how powder obsession and not wanting to turn back without turns can realign perceptions despite having adequate training.

HowieT2

Not too bad, but gave the impression that all backcountry skiing is hucking cliffs and what not.

darent

loved BGs question on how is backcountry skiing different than resort skiing, clueless twit that boy!! doesn't get out much does he

Edd

I saw it and it was obviously not meant for the people on this board which is ironic because we'd be the most interested in the topic.