• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today I felt old because...

Geoff

52, and wondering what in tarnation a transformer101 with tapatalk is:dunce: Do you have to be a moderator to use one?:p I'll get back to shaving my ears now.

It's from somebody too stoooopid to turn off the annoying signature. Almost as bad as "sent from my Blackberry" you get from Dilbert's Boss who can't administer his own Blackberry.

sent from my TRS-80 using a web browser written in BASIC

mister moose

It's from somebody too stoooopid to turn off the annoying signature. Almost as bad as "sent from my Blackberry" you get from Dilbert's Boss who can't administer his own Blackberry.

Today I feel old because I know what a TRS-80 is.

madman

mattm59 This Xmas listen a little closer, Its his Father he wants to Kill. He has other plans for Mom. This song got the Doors kicked out of the Whiskey a Go- Go.

WakeboardMom

Even if I beg, they won't card me any more :-(
THAT'S feeling old!

I actually got carded the other night at a place that cards everyone. That's fine, I understand, but the guy actually read the license, looked me over and then took his time handing it back to me. I wanted to say, "Take my five bucks for the cover and let's all get on with our lives," but he woulda kicked me out, so I let him have his little power trip.

Today I feel old because I know what a TRS-80 is.

I had to look that up. I'm impressed because I didn't know such things existed back then. In '78 or '79 I was learning Cobol and Fortran. Some problems were solved using punchcards as opposed to the terminals. The good old days...

bvibert

Staff member

I find the signature annoying too, but I don't think that makes Nick stupid. Perhaps he purposely left it on there to let people know about Tapatalk?

WakeboardMom

I find the signature annoying too, but I don't think that makes Nick stupid. Perhaps he purposely left it on there to let people know about Tapatalk?

LOL...not "stupid," but "stooped." I think Geoff was teasing...did you see his sig...?

Geoff

No. It says he lacks the capacity to type properly.

Posted from my PDP-11/70 running BSD 4.3

WakeboardMom

No. It says he lacks the capacity to type properly.

Posted from my PDP-11/70 running BSD 4.3

I'm giving google a workout today...

How funny is this...when I was in h.s. we went on a field trip to see something that looked an awful lot like that...!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Nah, it's good advertising. I'm leaving it on for a bit for those who don't always read the Announcements section and aren't aware we have a mobile solution available.

PLUS, (particularly on my mobile phone), it's a caveat for my horrible typing and short-winded answers.

FWIW: a friend of mine has an iPhone and the default signature says,

"Sent from my pretentious phone"

drjeff

This song was on the XM channel we have on in the office today, and my 25 year old assistant said to me "this is kind of a cool song, I've NEVER heard it before" (and she was 100% serious!!) :eek:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
This song was on the XM channel we have on in the office today, and my 25 year old assistant said to me "this is kind of a cool song, I've NEVER heard it before" (and she was 100% serious!!) :eek:

That surprises me, that song is still on fairly often even on the radio.

Glenn

Today I felt old because......I was looking through the Powder Magazine buyer's guide, saw a dude skiing with overly baggy pants down past his ass and an open jacket and thought: "he looks like a moron".