• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Strange phone call

powbmps

So I just got a call on my home phone from a CT area code. The guy asked for my wife by her first name. I offered to take a message. He then inquired if she was the one who "worked the poles" on election day :spin:.

Should I be concerned?

thetrailboss

Staff member
:eek: Sounds interesting.

On a serious note, is your wife an election official or someone who was at the polling place supervising the elections?

powbmps

:eek: Sounds interesting.

On a serious note, is your wife an election official or someone who was at the polling place supervising the elections?

Nope. He acted like he was calling anyone in North Sutton, NH with the same first name as my wife, in hopes of finding the person he met when he was here voting.

That makes no sense at all.

I'll go with the cougar picking up a college kid scenario.

powhunter

So I just got a call on my home phone from a CT area code. The guy asked for my wife by her first name. I offered to take a message. He then inquired if she was the one who "worked the poles" on election day :spin:.

Should I be concerned?

I think 2knees works "the poles" maybe it was him

steveo

ctenidae

I was waiting for that.

Happy to oblige.

tip_hat.jpg

/random warning- do not do a Google image search for "happy to oblige" while at work with "SafeSearch" turned off.

mondeo

I'm guessing he was an inept member of the Russian mob who actually just tipped you off to your wife suppressing the Polish vote.

/random enticement- do a Google image search for "happy to oblige" while at home with "SafeSearch" turned off.
FlFY