• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your daily Sundown TR - 2/6/09

Greg

Staff member
Got clicked in at 7:20. Took a few runs trying the navigate the evening crowds and eventually found mondeo. We found o3jeff a bit later and Brian showed up around 8:30 or so. I thought the bumps were pretty good tonight. No real glare ice to be found. Some hard pack and firm bumps, but that's expected. The lines below the kickers are holding up well. Jeff was dipping into the Ex bumps and making some nice turns in there. Keep at it. You looked a lot better once I "fixed" your hands. Nice work. I was happy with my skiing tonight. The whale up the cliff on the Temptor flats was fun to ski up and down. We somehow scored a chair at 10:01 pm. Nice! Great night.

o3jeff

Felt good to get out and finally do a night session. I think the last time I skied at night was in the mid nineties! As far as the bumps, I just need to get out and get lots of practice in them. Thanks for the tip and any other you have are welcomed.

MRGisevil

HA HA. Mondie - you successfully managed to make me spit honey nut cheerios and lactaid at your trip report. I like you, you're OK in my book xD

bvibert

Staff member
Good night to get out. I got out on skis a bit after 8, the crowds were pretty damn heavy, especially for that time of night. I've never seen so many people trying to leave Sundown at once after the lifts closed.

I felt spaztastic on the upper part of the Temptor bumps, and pretty good for the most part on the lower section. The snow was overall pretty nice. Definitely some crazy whales on the Temptor flats.

Felt good to get out and finally do a night session. I think the last time I skied at night was in the mid nineties! As far as the bumps, I just need to get out and get lots of practice in them. Thanks for the tip and any other you have are welcomed.

Wow..why did you go so long without skiing at night???