• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

mlkrgr

Know it's been just discussed to the point that there's a free Wachusett ticket when you buy 4 bags of Popchips at Roche Bros but here's the details. You go in the store and all you have to do is email your receipt to ski@popchips.com and the ticket comes in the mail. It's unclear if there's any limit on the promotion but I'm going to ask. The ticket is valid for a day or night ticket during midweek periods through April 3 and you can make the purchase through March 30; will be $2.50 a bag at least through Thursday 2/30 to my knowledge.

rocojerry

Sunday River - (29$ Wed 2/29 )Leap Day Special Promotion

***News Flash***
Leap Day Special Promotion
To celebrate Leap Day as an extra day of skiing and riding this winter we're offering special $29 lift tickets on Wednesday, February 29. These will be one-day, all ages tickets and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Don't miss out!

http://www.sundayriver.com/TicketsPasses/Lift_Tickets.html

Karl

I'm new to the site but I know Hunter just announced a few deals for the spring.

From their FB page:

March Into Spring Pass
Special Deal for Other Mountain Season Passholders
Receive a March Into Spring pass for $99 (reg. $169) when you have an 11/12 season pass to any other mountain in North America! Preregister/purchase on eski.HunterMtn.com, then present your pass in Snowsport Services for verification. Save over 40% on our spring season pass, and ski or ride all the way through March!

*You must show your valid 11/12 other mountain season pass in Snowsports Services when picking up your March Into Spring pass!

eatskisleep

Any mountains offer 2 for 1 deals on Wednesday? Or someplace cheap for a college student less than 3 hrs from Worcester?

mlkrgr

Any mountains offer 2 for 1 deals on Wednesday? Or someplace cheap for a college student less than 3 hrs from Worcester?

BSSC offers buses every other week for $59 to Mount Snow; remaining buses will be March 7 or 22nd; thought I'd mention this because it would be technically as good as that when you take a look at gas savings (especially it being $3.75 a gallon now). Closest stop to you would be the Riverside Station in Newton MA (so note $5.75 for parking so total for 2 people to ride the bus if that's the case would be $124 so I guess that's good enough to call it about even w/ incremental wear and tear). Other than that, take a look at Stratton as they've been having some good deals lately and they have a 3 pack of lift tix running for as low as $89; must prebuy online tomorrow.

Also, there are Wachusett vouchers for free at Roche Bros; buy 4 bags of Popchips for $10 and email your receipt to ski@popchips.com. I sent mine in last Friday and have yet to hear back from them though.

wawawawawa

Buy a sammich from dunkin donuts in NH and waterville is 50% off. Cannon is only $55 with a college id.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Weds
cranmore 2fer
Butternut $25
King Pine 2fer
Mt. Sunapee 2fer
Smuggs Womens half price
Black Mtn.
Stowe 3/14 $43 with ski club card

With CHAD card:
Mt. snow 2fer
pico 2fer
Sugarbush 2 fer

Golf ski warehouse
Okemo 25% OFF

Check you local ski shop. Many of them sell tix about 10-20 Georges off.

There's lots of others, but it's too late to signup. Get going next summer. Seriously.

As always, verify with the mountain before you go. I take no responsibility for errors herein. Or anywhere else in the world.

BTW, weekday prices are significantly low to begin with.

Enough?