• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bust and Burn is back at Sunday River.

SkiFanE

last year.

Really? I thought last year that was the plan, but then it had to moved to Barker (Monday Morning I think) because there wasn't enough snow. Before that it was Tempest. So I'm going to guess it's been a long time since the Heat.

WJenness

Really? I thought last year that was the plan, but then it had to moved to Barker (Monday Morning I think) because there wasn't enough snow. Before that it was Tempest. So I'm going to guess it's been a long time since the Heat.

Last year there was plenty of snow and it was on White Heat.

The year before there was not enough snow and it got moved to MM.

-w

WJenness

Bob were you up this weekend?

How did things look?

I'll be up this weekend (probably only skiing Sunday), and I'm coming to grips with the fact that it'll likely be my last River day of the season...

-w

Vortex

Bob were you up this weekend?

How did things look?

I'll be up this weekend (probably only skiing Sunday), and I'm coming to grips with the fact that it'll likely be my last River day of the season...

-w

Going fast, but plenty of snow left. Looks like snow making will start for the weekend again. Be curious if Jordan and Aurora survive. Barker Locke and Spruce will be fine. I had a great 3 day weekend. I think it s a wait see on what lasts and does not and what gets the most done with snomaking.

Airglow was thin, some of north peak was thin.

Jordan other than Kansas was still in good shape. Barker?locke have enough snow. Monday Morning,punch, xtc, t2, Cascades all shoudl be ok. Spruce risky and amex will survive quite a while too. Looks like a cool down comes as of Thursday.

Vortex

I think the MM change was to help with attendance too and let people see it from the Barker Deck

Let Parrot head festival go down at White cap and this go at Barker. Barker will be alive in lots too.

The heat has some serious snow. The move back to White heat last year did not seem to bring the crowds expected. A few eyars back in a low snow season it was moved to MM after being on tempest a few years.

SkiFanE

Going fast, but plenty of snow left. Looks like snow making will start for the weekend again. Be curious if Jordan and Aurora survive. Barker Locke and Spruce will be fine. I had a great 3 day weekend. I think it s a wait see on what lasts and does not and what gets the most done with snomaking.

Airglow was thin, some of north peak was thin.

Jordan other than Kansas was still in good shape. Barker?locke have enough snow. Monday Morning,punch, xtc, t2, Cascades all shoudl be ok. Spruce risky and amex will survive quite a while too. Looks like a cool down comes as of Thursday.

If the trail didn't get snow guns, it's toast. So we skied some for the last time - Downdraft (Sunday's rotd), Agony, Bims, HardBall..were good while they lasted. We took Bims before it was opened on Saturday and it was awesome, same time by next day we had to walk. Top Gun might make it longer...we didn't even head past No. Peak this weekend...well...except for the deathly Vortex. Love skiing in NE...omg...how can one trail be soft and the next trail over be miserable ice - thought I was gonna be taken down by freefallers.