• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

From Fit to Fat to Fit

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
This was an interesting article:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/23/living/male-ideal-body-image/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Talks about getting in shape and what that represents. This guy apparently gained 70 lb on purpose just to lose it again and learn what it felt like to be overweight. It's always interesting to me to see some people have that level of control over their diet that they can gain or reduce weight simply by making the modifications that in theory are so easy (cut out certain foods, eat healthier, etc.) but yet so difficult because of all the other things that impact what you eat (emotion, situation, etc.)

120323022416-drew-manning-male-ideal-story-top.jpg

darent

every september I join the health club, work out 3 or 4 days a week to get ready for ski season, get in shape but just can't seem to loose that 5lbs. that I would love to loose. I watch my diet, but it seems I am stuck at my current weight 171 to 175lbs

deadheadskier

Staff member
" but the 31-year-old personal trainer said nutrition was really the key to his dream body"

sucks, but it's true. I've managed to lose 30-35# over the past three years through exercise alone, but have pretty much plateaued at 180-185 over the past 6 months. I work out regularly, but eat like an asshole. Until I change that, I'll always be 10-15# overweight. I think I'm fine with it though. I like my rich foods and booze more than having a "dream body" :lol:

vdk03

" but the 31-year-old personal trainer said nutrition was really the key to his dream body"

sucks, but it's true. I've managed to lose 30-35# over the past three years through exercise alone, but have pretty much plateaued at 180-185 over the past 6 months. I work out regularly, but eat like an asshole. Until I change that, I'll always be 10-15# overweight. I think I'm fine with it though. I like my rich foods and booze more than having a "dream body" :lol:

+1
I have no problems working out, but cutting out the foods and the beer I like to lose weight has never really gone over well. At this point in my life I'm ok with it, may change down the road but I'll deal with it then.

jrmagic

every september I join the health club, work out 3 or 4 days a week to get ready for ski season, get in shape but just can't seem to loose that 5lbs. that I would love to loose. I watch my diet, but it seems I am stuck at my current weight 171 to 175lbs

If all you are looking to lose is 5 pounds you don't have much to worry about. I'm more in the DHS camp. I dropped close to 50 pounds last fall primarily by exercise and just taking the stupidity out of my diet lol. I'm getting ready to try and drop some more but there's just no way I'm gonna eat clean enough to ever get down to < 10% bodyfat.

Cornhead

I've weighed between 165 and 315 lbs in my adult life, I weighed 175 in High School. I recently lost 70lbs in one year. It's all about lifestyle. Two guys at work had gastric bypass/lapband, they are both back where they started. My problem is that I get to the point where I'm exercising enough to eat whatever I want without gaining weight, then I stop working out, and have a hard time cutting back on intake.

I can remember being at Stowe once, they wouldn't let me on the double solo because of wind. I weighed 280lbs at the time. I thought, geez I weigh as much as two "normal" people, WTF?