• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today I felt old because...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
This is a good general idea for an ongoing thread.

Today I felt old because I started driving 75 instead of 80 on the highway.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

wa-loaf

This is a good general idea for an ongoing thread.

Today I felt old because I started driving 75 instead of 80 on the highway.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I think if you are under 35 you don't belong in this thread. :razz:

Glenn

...I saw someone thow out a pair of skis that were "teh hotness" when I was a kid.

Edd

I've owned 4 rabbits....they tended not to last long....I drove fast. Loooved Scirocos but never got ahold of one due to being broke always in my early 20s.

bigbog

...NOTE: "Today I felt old because..." <-- *For me I have to substitute the "Today" with "In 2007" I think = ~4years ago the local Home Depot, up here in Bangor, ME...started placing some of their John Deere mowers...and other things....outside their entrance doors.. Their tractor-mower that tops out just a few hundred bucks over $3k came within $100 or so under the pricetag of my first new car( 1973 Toyota Corolla 2door sedan = $3,3xx). Insurance totalled under $400 and the body was much like a beer can, just take out the interior lining and punch out any dents.... Those were the days.....(in some respects...;-) )

Last edited:

wa-loaf

I've owned 4 rabbits....they tended not to last long....I drove fast. Loooved Scirocos but never got ahold of one due to being broke always in my early 20s.

I had a 82 Jetta GL, that was a fun car. Mechanically they were pretty sound, but all the other shit falls off. Door handles, window cranks, misc nobs, etc ...

deadheadskier

Staff member
It would be fun to have a '79 Rabbit in nice shape.

buddy of mine in VT has one.

this exact car

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/79rabbit/scan0003.jpg

He rented a farm house in Mud City, VT off of a couple of ladies in their 80s. Car was in the barn. They hadn't used it in 15 years and just gave it to him. Just needed a new battery, breaks and tune up and it was good to go. It's been his Sunday driver for about ten years now.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
My first car was an '89 VW Golf, and my buddy had an (84?) Rabbit GTI. We had so much fun in that little rabbit. He took the rear seats out to "lighten it up" and we would just tear around in it.

I remember going to the beach, we had lawn chairs in the back where the rear seats used to be, we would sit in the back and raise the hatch and sit in the back of the car. Funny, I've got a picture somewhere.

WoodCore

Had an 87' Quantum Syncro GL-5 wagon, perhaps the best car I've ever owned!! Of course it was followed by the 87' Jetta 2-door, car just kept going and going and going......

bvibert

Staff member
My first car was an 87 golf, second car (after I totalled the golf) was an 87 gti which was my favorite car to date. It was white with a sweet black interior with red accents. Unfortunately I totaled that one too (along with a 5 day visit to the hospital). I've had a few others too.

My wife has had a few VWs too, including a 86 2 door jetta (not too many of those things around) and her favorite; a 97 cabrio.