• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

the monster ski sundown report will go here

MrMagic

3-9-09

ski sundown

spring snow, warm nice and sunny

report:
oh man it was awsome today much more in a little

2knees

i'll add more thoughts later when i have time but basically it was one huge invasion of bumpers today.

slopes drilled an iron cross 360. 180, greg, powhunter, slopes, mrmagic, tim, randi, johhnypoach.... so many sick bumpers today.

quick props to greg today, you were so on it man. didnt even look like the same skier.

MrMagic

i got there at noon saw o3jess in the lot took one run down gunnie then meet up with jeff who was skiing really really well in the bumps major props to him around 12 30 1245 everyone else came and i mean everyone it was awsome, pat only had like two hours but he was rippping it he got his two hours worth greg with with dew rag was flashing gang sign's every time the camera came out now i am at work sucks oh well nice skiing with everyone today

o3jeff

Another great spring day out there. Seemed everyone stepped it up out there today. Nice to meet a few more new Az'ers.

The bottom half of 2knees last run was picture perfect, gives me something to aim for. Also Greg definitely brought his A-game today.

Look forward to the video tonight when they finally finish up out there.

2knees

Another great spring day out there. Seemed everyone stepped it up out there today. Nice to meet a few more new Az'ers.

The bottom half of 2knees last run was picture perfect, gives me something to aim for. Also Greg definitely brought his A-game today.

Look forward to the video tonight when they finally finish up out there.

thanks jeff. i never feel like i ski well but i will say i was hauling ass today. might not have been pretty but it was fun.

MR. evil

Awsome day on the hill today. Pat, Greg, and 180 were just killing it out there all day. Greg in particular looked like a different skier, he had is A+ game out there for sure. Just being around so many great bump skiers made me step up my game today as well.

Greg took a ton of footage and should have one hell of a movie for all of us later.

sLoPeS

Mogul Party!

Throw that one in the top days of the year! great skiers, snow, temps, vibe, music, it was all there. great to meet a bunch of you. some serious rippers out there today. everybody was pushing it and throwing down. each run just got better and better. cant wait to check out this video.

bvibert

Staff member
slopes drilled an iron cross 360. 180, greg, powhunter, slopes, mrmagic, tim, randi, johhnypoach.... so many sick bumpers today.

I guess I suck since I didn't even get a mention... :(

;)

Great, great awesomely radical day! The conditions were perfect, the weather was sweet, and the company was superb! I can't wait to see the video!

It was great to see all the people enjoying the bumps today. At one point Greg and I were at the bottom chatting with Chris Sullivan and Greg pointed out that there was no one on the groomed section of Gunny, but there was a bunch of people coming down the bumps.

I'm beat, that trail is a total ass kicker! :spread:

Last edited:

MRGisevil

It was really nice to get out and see everybody today. I had fun. Awesome conditions, cool people. Perfect day.

2knees

I guess I suck since I didn't even get a mention... :(

;)

Great, great awesomely radical day! The conditions were perfect, the weather was sweet, and the company was superb! I can't wait to see the video!

It was great to see all the people enjoying the bumps today. At one point Greg and I were at the bottom chatting with Chris Sullivan and Greg pointed out that there was no one on the groomed section of Gunny, but there was a bunch of people coming down the bumps.

I'm beat, that trail is a total ass kicker! :spread:

i was typing that so fast i knew i left some people out. i was grilling and didnt want to burn my dinner.

but in all seriousness, you and o3jeff were both looking very good today too. what a difference some softer snow makes. everyone was just letting it go today.

mondeo

Sounds like you had guys had a good time, too bad I missed it. By the time I dragged myself away from spring bumps on Outer Limits, my legs were shot. Next time...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Can't wait to see the video! Sorry I missed out on the big AZ bumps day but after yesterday, I was too tired to drag myself up there. I haven't been sleeping well and that isn't helping. I wouldn't have been able to ski anyway, though it would have been nice to meet some more members. Next time.

Grassi21

back to back awesome days. i was hurting from yesterday's bumpathon.... toss in a hang over and i was sucking ass today. i had a few decent runs. but the main reason i headed up was to take part in the camaraderie. sundown and today's ensemble cast delivered. sick bumping going on today. nice to wrap the day with a :beer:

Grassi21

2knees, sorry i missed you the last two days. i was rocking wind pants both days in your honor. yesterday's were my college lacrosse warm ups.

powhunter

Today was awesome!! Nice ripping with everyone!!! Im in a lot of pain!! But its good pain!!! Nice meeting ya Slopes, and the ripper dude with the ponytail shredding on the Salomon G force 9s!! forgot his name!! More tomorrow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz steveo

What an amazing 4 hours. Good to meet more AZ'ers. I can't believe how much everyone has improved over the last 2 years.

I don't know who to thank for making the whole Sundown thing happen, but thanks. I know Greg has championed this, so kudos to you. It's a great vibe on a geat run. The music really helped me kick it up and hold it together at the bottom. Gunbarell is really quite challenging with those thousand of tiny moguls. My knees are quite sore right now, but we'll be back again.

I am glad we have settled the format of the contest, but I wouldn't mind an ironman on another day.

2knees

aiight, now that i've had a chance to get the kids in bed, grab a mild buzz and do my chores, i just wanted to elaborate.

For me, this almost brought back memories. Not of sundown, but almost dying memories of bump crews gone past. :lol: seriously, way back in the day, i skied with a crew of guys. always looking for bumps. our springtime right of passage was O.L. at killington. We basically played chicken as to who would cry uncle and go ski the bumps on wildfire first. I think we made it till 3:00 many times. :razz:

Today reminded me of that crew. I wasnt able to stick around for the whole show, but the talent on display, and the run itself, lended itself to that type of mentality. I wouldnt even be skiing at sundown if it werent for those bumps. i cant thank them enough. and hell, if it werent for meeting people on this board, i wouldnt be skiing much either. I was down to 5 times in 2003 total. I kept using my knee surgeries as an excuse. skiing with psychos like you makes you forget that crap.

I'm gonna wake up and be like, wtf was i thinking posting that......