• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown - 3/2/09

Greg

Staff member
Pics of epic pow bumps, courtesy of o3jeff:

IMG00020.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

IMG00022.jpg

I'm dying here.

sLoPeS

so pissed im at work right now. thought id be doing that as i type this. thinking about a bump night on hump night.....anybody down? figured id let u guys ski them in a little bit over the next couple days. :grin:

gmcunni

:-o

i think i'm going to try and leave work early to get up there. hopefully CT DOT clears the roads reasonable well this afternoon.

2knees

got a babysitter coming at 6:30. i'll be skiing by 7:30. anyone gonna hang around for the night session?

Greg

Staff member
got a babysitter coming at 6:30. i'll be skiing by 7:30. anyone gonna hang around for the night session?

Regardless of when I get there, I will be skiing until 10 pm.

2knees

i knew i could count on you greg.

i'll bring the camera, you bring the steeze......

bvibert

Staff member
I hope to be on skis by around 4:30-5, Carrie should be joining me too! I plan on staying all night.

Greg

Staff member
This afternoon I celebrated top to bottom Gunbarrel bumps by lopping off another 1.25" off my poles. I'll be clowning out tonight at 44"... :lol:

powhunter

Great day today....got to the mtn around 1130....met up with o3jeff and started lapping gunny......Nice soft snow but the top bumps were a little windscoured.... the rest of gunny had some nice/sick lines though!!! Lots of people skiing though....Started running the ex lift around 2 o clock...Jonny poach and monti got there aqound 330 and did a few runs with them...My legs were shot at that point...Time to bail...o3jeff was skiing real well today...had fun skiing with ya!!!! I was interviewed by fox 61 news today too.....not sure if its gonna be on the news,,because I basically went on a rant about moguls...moguls...moguls!!!!! lol I had a nice chat with Chris Sullivan before I left...He seemed real stoked about the monster he created on gunny!!!!

steveo

o3jeff

Just got home about a half hour ago,planned on skiing 2-3 hours and turned into 7. Was having a lot of fun out there today and was great skiing with everyone. Body starting to get real sore right now.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Jeff - I didn't see much of you today but what I saw of your mogul skiing was good. You're making great strides!

I got to the hill a little after 5PM. Didn't have childcare for long, so I had to make the best of it. WINDY and cold. I think the temp in the car was 18 or 19 degrees but the wind made it feel much colder. Had the Line Celebrities out, which I'm still not used to them, but I'm getting better. First run was with Brian down Nor'Easter. I had some trouble on Nor'Easter, but Exhibition was much better. Decided to hit Gunny after that and that's where I stayed the rest of the night. Brian skied the bumps with the guys while I skied to the left of them. The wind was fierce on the top of Gunny; actually stopped me to a standstill on the very top. There were a few really icy spots on the top half from scraping off by skiers. My form was...non-existant. I rarely get out in tracked out snow like this and am used to even grooming for the most part. Between that and those skis, which for some reason feel so hugely different than my Joyriders and Maries, I looked like an uber-gaper tonight. But I did dabble in the bottom bumps. Last run of the night, I hit 8-10 of them successively. By about 7PM, I had to bail. Didn't want to piss off my parents since they're watching the kids during Bump or Bust. I would have loved to have stayed longer, but I'm glad I just got out. The guys were eating dinner when I left. That would be Brian, Greg, Grassi, Mondeo, and Tim. I'm sure they'll have more to add when they get home.