• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Problems uploading pic

powhunter

Trying to upload pics from our radical ride sunday an keep getting this message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Greg

Staff member
Still having trouble? Others were able to upload.

drjeff

Nothing :( Go through the uploading process, the screen saying that it's uploading pops up as usual, then goes through the usual upload time and then clicks back to my gallery start page, but no new photo has been uploaded

bvibert

Staff member
Nothing :( Go through the uploading process, the screen saying that it's uploading pops up as usual, then goes through the usual upload time and then clicks back to my gallery start page, but no new photo has been uploaded

How big are the files? I've had it act funny when the pictures were on the large side.

drjeff

How big are the files? I've had it act funny when the pictures were on the large side.

Just a single 4.1 meg jpeg file, nothing massive by any means and a size that I've uploaded many times before.

bvibert

Staff member
4 Meg sounds a little on the big side to me. IIRC there are file transfer timeout settings (or something along those lines) in the server PHP config, they may be different on the new server, causing the script to crash while waiting for the file transfer to finish. Try resizing the pic a little smaller and see if it works, sounds like it's big enough that the forum software will resize it anyway...

hammer

I just tried to upload a number of photos and ran into the same problem. Each picture is a JPG, 3072x2304, most less than 3 Meg. The upload is acknowledged but no files appear in the gallery.

Greg

Staff member
Again, try sizing down to 1024. It's a memory limit on the new server.

hammer

Just a single 4.1 meg jpeg file, nothing massive by any means and a size that I've uploaded many times before.
Figured mine would be OK if this was a "little big"...downsized to 1024 and they uploaded fine. Thanks.

One little comment, though...if a download doesn't work there's no error message with a recommendation to downsize the pictures.

Last edited: