• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skidbump bored?

dmc

He might want to come back, but he's sure as hell not really sorry. He's never apologized to me or anyone else here, namely Brian and Carrie with any true sincerity. He's not capable of it because he's socially retarded.

If he apologizes and means it... Can he come back? :)

I think I know the answer...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What does he have to apologize for? This I simply don't understand. Anyone who puts their most private business on the internet for the entire world to see should expect people to comment on it. Personally I keep my private life private, as it should be. If I did put something deeply personal on the internet, especially a discussion forum, I would certainly be prepared for people to discuss it.
The information disseminated on the other board was not shared publicly. That was shared in confidence with a person who proclaimed that he cared at an emotional time; it was never meant to be public. The other thread that I know has been discussed at length that I initiated was more of a philosophical discussion based upon experience; it was not what it's been stated to be.

Consider your source.... and unless you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, maybe you should keep your opinions on the matter to yourself unless asked explicitly. I can't imagine that ye are without sin... for if you are, feel free to cast some more stones.

Puck it

so, you really don't care about the community? You only care about what's good for dmc.

Somehow I'm not surprised. I've come to expect hypocrisy from you.

Another example would be forum moderation. You demand less moderation until you feel slighted in the least bit and then you throw a huge tantrum until your hero Greg swoops in to save you.

does dmc stand for 'Dis My Cake'?

I think it is more pot meet kettle situation for him.

dmc

so, you really don't care about the community? You only care about what's good for dmc.

Somehow I'm not surprised. I've come to expect hypocrisy from you.

Another example would be forum moderation. You demand less moderation until you feel slighted in the least bit and then you throw a huge tantrum until your hero Greg swoops in to save you.

does dmc stand for 'Dis My Cake'?

wow... I was admitting my hypocrisy... I'll always be the first to admit it...

And trying to be nice to you...

And this is how your respond???

You are so mean.. really...

dmc

The information disseminated on the other board was not shared publicly. That was shared in confidence with a person who proclaimed that he cared at an emotional time; it was never meant to be public. The other thread that I know has been discussed at length that I initiated was more of a philosophical discussion based upon experience; it was not what it's been stated to be.

Consider your source.... and unless you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, maybe you should keep your opinions on the matter to yourself unless asked explicitly. I can't imagine that ye are without sin... for if you are, feel free to cast some more stones.

I read some public stuff about this that downright embarrassed me - so much that i avoided the whole thing...

Puck it

wow... I was admitting my hypocrisy... I'll always be the first to admit it...

And trying to be nice to you...

And this is how your respond???

I thought you only loved me.:roll::roll:

dmc

I thought you only loved me.:roll::roll:

See - now I'm trying to be cool and discuss this stuff and this guy just "dogs" my every move...

And I'm the bad guy.... :rolleyes:

Come on moderators... :)

Greg

Staff member
What does he have to apologize for? This I simply don't understand. Anyone who puts their most private business on the internet for the entire world to see should expect people to comment on it. Personally I keep my private life private, as it should be. If I did put something deeply personal on the internet, especially a discussion forum, I would certainly be prepared for people to discuss it.

As to the second comment, I support GSS and that couldn't be further from the truth. I am NOTHING like GSS, but simply enjoyed his posts and felt he contributed a lot to this forum. It also seems to me he was banned largely for personal reasons which I don't support.

I think we can all admit that was an error in judgment, and was most definitely the root cause of all this. In fact, the biggest mistake we made was not canning him then. But instead this team of "overmoderators" continually gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time. It eventually got to the point where he thought he was so "good for ratings", he was immune to us taking any action so he continued to skirt the line.

The iwon't thing (despite being bullshit) was the point we said "one more chance". And we stuck to that. And then you go and read the things he posted about all of us on Andyzone including Carrie, and it's clear it was the right decision.

And GSS doesn't give a flying fuck about this community, one that is often based on face-to-face interactions out on the hill. AZ is more than just some message board (might be why Carrie felt comfortable reaching out during a difficult time). GSS only cared about AZ to the extent that it provided him a way to keep his mind occupied while he was alone at night in his stark apartment, or taking tombstone orders.

Glenn

Thats really what bugs me...

So here's a million dollar question for you and the other guys who are all bent about why he got banned:

If he had said "George W. was the greatest president evAr. I wish he was still in office"

Would you still be such ardent supporters of him?

SkiDork

As maybe one of the few members here who is well qualified to speak on the matter, bull bovines are not something with which to mess.

Handling a 2,300 lb animal can be tricky. You need confidence. Walk them to your dominant side whenever possible, keeping your dominant hand close to their head, even if they're well halter broken. Keep the head up at all costs and steer their head in the direction you want them to walk.

Does that "shaking hand and making strange sounds" trick work that Crocodile Dundee used on the water buffalo lying in the road?

dmc

I think we can all admit that was an error in judgment, and was most definitely the root cause of all this. In fact, the biggest mistake we made was not canning him then. But instead this team of "overmoderators" continually gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time. It eventually got to the point where he thought he was so "good for ratings", he was immune to us taking any action so he continued to skirt the line.

The iwon't thing (despite being bullshit) was the point we said "one more chance". And we stuck to that. And then you go and read the things he posted about all of us on Andyzone including Carrie, and it's clear it was the right decision.

And GSS doesn't give a flying fuck about this community, one that is often based on face-to-face interactions out on the hill. AZ is more than just some message board (might be why Carrie felt comfortable reaching out during a difficult time). GSS only cared about AZ to the extent that it provided him a way to keep his mind occupied while he was alone at night in his stark apartment, or taking tombstone orders.

wow... now I feel even more bad for him... :)

I ignored the IWont stuff too...

dmc

So here's a million dollar question for you and the other guys who are all bent about why he got banned:

If he had said "George W. was the greatest president evAr. I wish he was still in office"

Would you still be such ardent supporters of him?

yes... he's entitled to his opinion... AND I wouldn't respond because it's a clear violation of the AZ rules...

deadheadskier

Staff member

a famous moderator er, um bouncer once said, "Be nice, until it's time, to not be nice." :lol:

Dalton.jpg

;)

Puck it

See - now I'm trying to be cool and discuss this stuff and this guy just "dogs" my every move...

And I'm the bad guy.... :rolleyes:

Come on moderators... :)

You are not ignoring me!!!!!!!!! Why should I be moderated for what I am doing.

Lady MacBeth, Me thinks thou doth protest too much???

dmc

a famous moderator er, um bouncer once said, "Be nice, until it's time, to not be nice." :lol:

Dalton.jpg

;)

I was really trying to be civil and tip toe around you...

Make amends... find the middle... understand a bit more... all that kinda stuff...

dmc

You are not ignoring me!!!!!!!!! Why should I be moderated for what I am doing.

Lady MacBeth, Me thinks thou doth protest too much???

Don't you have anything better to do then follow me like a little dog??

Do I have to break out the collar?