• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter sat 12 30

kingslug

Hit the slopes at 830..cold but not too bad, very little wind. I put on so many layers I felt like..a parfait. Snowing lightly, cold squeeky snow. Everything frontside skied really well for a while. Cliff to Racers was the run of the day with wales and moguls down cliff..Racers was flat and fast.
Lower K had huge wales and moguls but no ice..an interesting drop.xover was another story..very icy.
And now on to the west side. Clairs was a bit of a shyt show at the top...slide for life into moguls. Took out many..the rest was good but not worth another chance. Anapurna..the biggest wales i have ever seen..down the whole thing..a crazy run with no one on it..but us. I liked it.
Skied till 330 and im out of there.

catskillman

Hit the slopes at 830..cold but not too bad, very little wind. I put on so many layers I felt like..a parfait. Snowing lightly, cold squeeky snow. Everything frontside skied really well for a while. Cliff to Racers was the run of the day with wales and moguls down cliff..Racers was flat and fast.
Lower K had huge wales and moguls but no ice..an interesting drop.xover was another story..very icy.
And now on to the west side. Clairs was a bit of a shyt show at the top...slide for life into moguls. Took out many..the rest was good but not worth another chance. Anapurna..the biggest wales i have ever seen..down the whole thing..a crazy run with no one on it..but us. I liked it.
Skied till 330 and im out of there.

amen. the wales were crazy, and dangerous. Went over a few and there were skiers down on the other side. They were frightened to say the least. you could not stop to help as you put yourself at risk. They need to hire some folks there.

Soup is now $7.80. Lot of margin there - give some folks a raise and/or pay overtime and get the place in order............and fix the water fountain in front of the men's room in the main lodge

kingslug

The new owners..they own Mt Snow I think...so WTF. Like buying a car and running it on bald tires. I like they are making and hoarding snow, but its time for some upgrades.

benski

The new owners..they own Mt Snow I think...so WTF. Like buying a car and running it on bald tires. I like they are making and hoarding snow, but its time for some upgrades.

Last year I went to Hunter in mid December, The atmosphere reminded of a fraternity day drink. I don't think clean and quality are important there. And yes Hunter and mount Snow are owned by Peak.

catskillman

Last year I went to Hunter in mid December, The atmosphere reminded of a fraternity day drink. I don't think clean and quality are important there. And yes Hunter and mount Snow are owned by Peak.

you got that right!!!!!!!!!