• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke Feb 18-21

wa-loaf

Making my first trip to Burke for the first part of Feb Vaca. Let me know if anyone is around. Will have kids with me, but they'll be in lessons a couple mornings and would love a tour from a local.

wa-loaf

No, no, no. You're doing it all wrong.

You're supposed to ask how everyone thinks the conditions will be, and what will be open.

Not an option for vacation week. As is it is I booked late and barely found a condo. Gotta commit for this kind of thing.

Cheese

The Jungle and Birches on skiers left are two glades to sample the conditions. If they aren't any good I wouldn't bother with the glades to skiers right as the exit of these glades is a long cat track.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The Jungle and Birches on skiers left are two glades to sample the conditions. If they aren't any good I wouldn't bother with the glades to skiers right as the exit of these glades is a long cat track.
Quite the opposite, actually. The Jungle and Birches are tighter and rockier than the glades that dump out into East Bowl. If the these two aren't good, that is more reason, not less, to sample the glades on the other side of the mountain. If you don't like run outs that require skating and poling, that is a completely different reason to avoid those glades that has nothing to do with conditions.

Cheese

Quite the opposite, actually. The Jungle and Birches are tighter and rockier than the glades that dump out into East Bowl. If the these two aren't good, that is more reason, not less, to sample the glades on the other side of the mountain. If you don't like run outs that require skating and poling, that is a completely different reason to avoid those glades that has nothing to do with conditions.

I should have specified this would be for a surface check more than a coverage check. My experience is that coverage is good in most of the northern woods but the surface is dust on crust. After seeing the report that they're closed anyway, it's probably best to stay out of the woods at Burke all together.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I should be up there on Monday. I have first hand accounts that the East side glades are skiing pretty decently (also Zand reports they are decent) considering the season so far. Any snow we get over the next few days will help.

darent

Making my first trip to Burke for the first part of Feb Vaca. Let me know if anyone is around. Will have kids with me, but they'll be in lessons a couple mornings and would love a tour from a local.

find dave iverson{ big wave dave} he's the ski school manager' he loves to goof off and show people around. tell him you know some bum from nantucket named drew that told you to look him up for a tour. dave runs a surf shop here in nantucket in the summer. I'm sure if he has the time he will show you the goods

Zand

I should have specified this would be for a surface check more than a coverage check. My experience is that coverage is good in most of the northern woods but the surface is dust on crust. After seeing the report that they're closed anyway, it's probably best to stay out of the woods at Burke all together.

Coverage is fine everywhere (relatively speaking of course). On map slick, off map fun. East side is best right now.

Zand

Have fun guys. I had to get reaquainted to Wachusett tonight. I miss real snow lol.

gmcunni

might hit Burke Tues afternoon.. returning from CA and we check out in the AM. Burke looks very close to 91 so might head south, ski the afternoon and then continue the journey home to CT

wa-loaf

Got introduced to the wet slot and fur burger today ...

Thanks From_the_NEK

407304_3094609497763_1639840993_2593023_2004790914_n.jpg