• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's coming!

mriceyman

The mid 70s next week should feel nice

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Los

Haha ok good!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

My wife is traveling back east and when checking the weather I noticed 80 degrees for Wednesday in Concord NH. Now good. We had our own warm up here on the frint range but staying a little cooler in the mountains.

dlague

Open Snow posted this

Thursday (Oct 13) there was a forecast update from the Climate Prediction Center. The forecast has been modified and is now predicting La Nina conditions this fall/winter. You might recall, they were saying cool Neutral, which is borderline La Nina. Well, we are now crossing threshold of critical ocean temperature cooling, in the tropical Pacific, to La Nina territory, likely for fall and possibly the winter.

snoseek

I'm probably alone here but I'm totally down with riding bikes in short sleeves this week. Anything that happens in October is totally irrelevant to the upcoming ski season.

In another month or so ill start rooting for cold weather and snow...for now give me warmth. Anything that comes down probably aint staying.

chuckstah

Take what you get. I'll be getting a couple beach days this week before shutting down the summer house before the slopes open. The water on the south side of Cape Cod is still swimable (for natives anyway). Ill also see if any fish are still around. Hope to ski by Halloween!

SkiingInABlueDream

I'm probably alone here but I'm totally down with riding bikes in short sleeves this week. Anything that happens in October is totally irrelevant to the upcoming ski season.

In another month or so ill start rooting for cold weather and snow...for now give me warmth. Anything that comes down probably aint staying.

+1 to all points!

JimG.

Staff member
Last time it snowed in October (2011) the season that followed totally sucked.

Warm is good, still enjoying the fishing.

skibumski

Extent of northern snowpack is well ahead of this time last year. Usually a good sign. Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather for now!

CuxifuaWIAATvVQ.jpg:large

Jully

Hot dog. Signs of last winter being terrible were so frightening. I've practically blocked it from my memory already!

Jully

K forcast October.jpg

Now that is a steep drop. Interesting to see if that holds up as the week progresses...