• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Village Ride - June 16th 2012

o3jeff

That really isn't much at all. Looking at my past tracks I do 400 feet in 15 miles around my neighborhood and there isn't a hill in it!

bvibert

Staff member
That really isn't much at all. Looking at my past tracks I do 400 feet in 15 miles around my neighborhood and there isn't a hill in it!

I bet you probably do more climbing in most mountain bike rides...

You've been doing all this road riding, you may as well put it to some good use.. ;)

MR. evil

A co-worker and I are both going to do the 50k ride. Looks like we are going to set up a team under our firms name tomorrow. I will post up a link to to my fund raising page once it's setup so you can all donate to the cause.

Toying around with the idea that if I reach an certain fund raising goal (will need to be HUGE) that I will do the 100k route. Not sure about it though.

bvibert

Staff member
A co-worker and I are both going to do the 50k ride. Looks like we are going to set up a team under our firms name tomorrow. I will post up a link to to my fund raising page once it's setup so you can all donate to the cause.

Toying around with the idea that if I reach an certain fund raising goal (will need to be HUGE) that I will do the 100k route. Not sure about it though.

Awesome! Let us know when you get the fundraising setup.

MR. evil

Just got my first donation (and a very generous one at that) from Marc Moseley of all people. I guess all those years of Randi and I giving him donations to ride in the PanMass Challenge came back in a good way.

I just got an email from Mark letting me know that his company FM Global will be matching his donation.

MR. evil

It turns out that the firm I work for designed the office for the charity this ride supports.

bvibert

Staff member
Just got my first donation (and a very generous one at that) from Marc Moseley of all people. I guess all those years of Randi and I giving him donations to ride in the PanMass Challenge came back in a good way.

I just got an email from Mark letting me know that his company FM Global will be matching his donation.

Marc is good people. Glad to hear he's still around.

MR. evil

Marc is good people. Glad to hear he's still around.

He actually got married last year......I'm thinking mail order bride or she is recovering from a massive head injury :)

Seriously Marc is a great guy. In addition to this he also rides in the PanMass Challenge every year which has a HUGE fund raising minimum and he also came out this way a couple of years ago to participate in a charity mountain bike ride to bennifit a good friend of fellow AZr Paul