• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The second half

ALLSKIING

Staff member
My wife and I are both of the opinion that trees make steeps easier. Something about that vertigo, it's nice to have a vertical frame of reference at least in the peripherals.

NAM 3k puts the bullseye on Killington and Pico. Let's see.
I totally get what your saying about the trees....although it a totally false thinking As the trees only add danger.

Sent from my LG-H901 using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

Latest NAM 3k is awesome.. for me anyway. Killington and Pico still in the crosshairs at 16" if 10:1 ratio... Stowe at 14"... Southern VT sorta misses out but anywhere that's a mountain in NH does well. ADKs nice hit too.

edit... 18z GFS coming in and couldn't disagree more... still saying big hit for SoVT and SoNH, small hit for the north. This is enough to drive a skier mental !

rock.jpg

Last edited:

tnt1234

Wow - hope it's huge....

I cna't ski this weekend, but hope you all get some. Need one more round of good luck on next week's warm up....

WJenness

Planning on getting out tomorrow, even if it is dense, it'll still be fresh.

Will be evaluating my Max Pass options in the morning and hitting the road.

Unsure where I'll end up at this point.

Tin

Just have to watch the radar, only constant appears to be decent in southern NH.

HRRR/GFS/EURO (hit in southern VT) vs NAM/RGEM (hit from K/Pico north). I will shave my head if K north grabs more than 10".

Last edited:

dlague

Planning on getting out tomorrow, even if it is dense, it'll still be fresh.

Will be evaluating my Max Pass options in the morning and hitting the road.

Unsure where I'll end up at this point.
If the ratio is 10:1 or better it should be good!

You guys are really having a rollercoaster season - warm last week refreeze over the weekend snow tonight thaw over the coming weekend into next week. Holy crap!

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Tin

The secondary low looks to be developing well south east of the NAM's positioning which would steal the precip from K north and the White's barring some elevation magic (which is always possible).

Still shredded on radar as modeled, southern NH still looking ok. The backbuilding, or lack there of, is what will make or break SVT/Berks.

Tin

It is going as planned thus far really. The hits were this evening (southern NH and VT with 2-3 inches down) and then pre-dawn to early morning tomorrow.

The predawn- early morning back fill is the big question. The 0z NAM, RGEM, and HRRR are clinging to it in southern VT and NH. NAM puts 1-1.5 inches of liquid down (over juiced as usual), HRRR puts down about a half inch.

Last edited:

Quietman

about 4" at the Crotch as of 9pm tonight. 2 hrs of sweet powder, my 1st since spring 2015.

Tin

about 4" at the Crotch as of 9pm tonight. 2 hrs of sweet powder, my 1st since spring 2015.

Awesome to hear! Figured Monadnock/Jaffrey area would do best being east of the shredding and could keep it going.Hope for more tomorrow morning!

mccleaks

K is reporting 5" this morning. No other MAX pass mountains have checked in yet. Storm seems to be a bit of a bust though. Probably gonna stick with the short drive and just run up to Sunapee

JonD

K is reporting 5" this morning. No other MAX pass mountains have checked in yet. Storm seems to be a bit of a bust though. Probably gonna stick with the short drive and just run up to Sunapee

Sunapee just checked in with 8". See you there.

Tin

Southern NH for the win...

Crotch 7-9"
Sunappee 8"
Mountain Snow 7"
Ragged 6"+ (According to FB)
Jay 6"
Bolton 5"
K 5" (they were snow holed on radar all night, would love to see pics of it)
Stratton 4"
Meow Pow 3-5"
Bush 3"
Berkshire East 3"
Cannon 1-3"

Still going in the Whites and north of MRV, could provide another 1-3", maybe more at Wildcat.

Last edited:

HD333

Jb_Scotch_Whisky-1280X1024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJenness

On my way to Sunapee also.
6'4" guy, blue jacket, black helmet with Alpine zone sticker, skiing on K2 Kung Fu has.

Say hi.

-w