• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay this weekend

xlr8r

According to Lift Blog in the comments, it looks like a bunch of Riblet sheaves have arrived.

https://liftblog.com/2017/03/22/news-roundup-25/#comments

The cheapest option to serve the summit would be to remove the Tram, and just build a double similar to the old Skyline chair but start it on the Northway saddle just below the end of the Bonnie quad, so it would run in alignment with the current Tram. This chair would only cost a couple million probably, even cheaper if it was a used Riblet and could be super low capacity like Castlerock. This would save 4+ million for cash strapped Jay. Metro and Freezer would then handle all traffic at Tramside, and you could easily access the summit from Stateside as well. Care to comment on this Steve.

Jully

Definitely looks used.

Could they actually be putting in the short double I've always wanted? Probably not, but I can dream.

Very confusing as to why they brought in used sheaves then... May be for somewhere else or something else. Who knows.

MG Skier

Very confusing as to why they brought in used sheaves then... May be for somewhere else or something else. Who knows.

Well, they are going to need some more parts.....interesting to say the least. A double a la the old Skyline would be interesting, would that go up the Poma Line trail to the summit or am I off a bit in my directions?

xlr8r

But on the instagram post Steve mentions the Tram, no mention of the Bonnie

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Sadly now I'm wondering if it might have to do with this announcement on their web page.
**The Bonaventure Quad will be down until further notice.**

Pretty unlikely that they would have lift components on a truck come in the day before a lift goes down. Although the Bonaventure lift does seem to have its share of problems. I think that is part of the reason they were planning on replacing it with the Powerline 6.

BenedictGomez

Option 3 is the one I've envisioned as making the most sense. You can get off the Flyer and get on the double if you so choose.

Sort of like a (much, much, much) shorter version of Face chair to Summit lift at Whiteface in terms of the spacing, you get off one and right on another.