• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Favorite Power Tool

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Women, if you answer, remember, this is a family site. For me tools in order of favorite:

1. Reciprocating Saw
2. Chain Saw
3. Table Saw.

in order of most used:

1. Table Saw
2. Chain Saw
3. Reciprocating Saw

Kind of funny how that work, fave and amount of use. But have to say, Reciprocating Saw is quickly gaining in use. It started with using it to cut out tree/bush stumps and lately has progressed to cutting down trees. Nothing big mind you, up to 9" in diameter and maybe 25' height, but damn, it's like a hot knife through butter.

Rambo

Good Lord - Please be extremely careful operating Chain Saws!
(I know a guy who lost all 4 fingers, of one hand in an accident)

darent

the Fein ocillating tool,didn't think I would use it much, it sure is handy and have found a lot of uses that save a lot of time

MR. evil

1. Impact driver
2. Table saw
3. Compound miter saw

Savemeasammy

the Fein ocillating tool,didn't think I would use it much, it sure is handy and have found a lot of uses that save a lot of time

The fein multi-master might qualify as my favorite power tool that SOMEONE ELSE owns!

ctenidae

So many choices. For sheer man-bark power enjoyment, the sawzall has to win. For time saving cut precision (and accompanying reduction of cursing) the chop saw is way up there. In appropriate circumstances, the hammer drill is pretty awesome, too.

I'm going to go with sawzall as my favorite power tool, I think. It works great in an amazing array of inappropriate situations.

In the end, though, my overall favorite tool is not actually a power tool- it's a small 90 degree ratchet. The number of barked knuckles that thing avoids is worth its weight in gold.

41tVHhvpOhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Good Lord - Please be extremely careful operating Chain Saws!
(I know a guy who lost all 4 fingers, of one hand in an accident)

I have a tree in my front yard sort of half in the woods I still need to chop up. I don't really like using chain saws, my neighbor has one that has zero kickback protection. I prefer using my other neighbors dinky little electric one. It seems safer :lol:

hammer

Good Lord - Please be extremely careful operating Chain Saws! (I know a guy who lost all 4 fingers, of one hand in an accident)
Any power tool can have hazards...I accidentally got my hand in the way of an cordless hedge trimmer last September, was not fun getting 10 stitches on 3 fingers on a Saturday night.:oops:

At least the Home Depot basic Chain Saws have some protective features to them. I invested in and wear a pair of safety chaps and yard gloves (good) although I usually wear sneakers instead of work boots (bad). I'd never use the chain saw to take out larger trees...from my POV that's a job best left to the pros.

ctenidae

Dremels are the perfect tool for certain situations. I almost never have the proper bit, but while trying to use the wrong tool for the job, I often think "Man, the Dremel would be great for this..."

Terry

My half inch ingersol rand impact wrench. Gets used hard almost every day, have had it for at least 12 years, and it still has just as much power as when I bought it. Never had to do a thing to it except to replace the snapring that holds sockets on. Only the second impact wrench that I have owned in 34 years of mechanicing. First one was an ingersol also. Awesome tool!