• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Gunbarrel bumps Gathering II 3/15/09

powhunter

Totally awesome day out there today!!!! A LOT of talent out there today!!! Cant remember all the names but a bunch of guys from the mogulskiing.net forum as well as the AZ regulars. Bumps were totally sick today, with all the good skiers some sick lines were cut!! Gonna throw back a few brews and pop some advil!! Nice ripping with you guys today!!

Steveo

o3jeff

Steve summed it up, lots of great talent out there, fun to watch them. Couldn't ask for better conditions.

Good to meet all of you and hopefully 2knees and Brian get the videos up tonight(even though I think I did a good job avoiding it!)

bvibert

Staff member
Awesomely sick day. Lots of good talent out there today, which resulted in some pretty sick lines. I got there a little late, things were in full swing by the time I met up with the rather large crew. Great fun letting them run a bit today. Good to meet some new faces too!

I have a little video that I took with my point and shoot camera, so I don't know how it's going to come out. I'll try to get it up a little later on.

Madroch

+1. Great day, bumps growing each run. Lot of serious bumpers...nice to watch em rip. Now just waiting for the advil to kick in.

Steve summed it up, lots of great talent out there, fun to watch them. Couldn't ask for better conditions.

Good to meet all of you and hopefully 2knees and Brian get the videos up tonight(even though I think I did a good job avoiding it!)

o3Jeff..I see you caught the bump skiing bug...the bumps at Blue mountain were sweet today as well..I'm looking forward to seeing the video!!!!

2knees

+1. Great day, bumps growing each run. Lot of serious bumpers...nice to watch em rip. Now just waiting for the advil to kick in.

i didnt know you were there! why didnt you say hello.

Last edited:

Madroch

Tough to catch up to you to say hello...lol. I had green pants.. blue jersey #19. Not real stylin but practical. I was in and out due to kid duty for parts of the day.

Madroch

And Brian could do me a huge favor and edit out the disaster that was me on the topsection.. fugly from the get go and only got worse after I passed him. I am not a clutch guy.. doesn't bode well for the comp...

bvibert

Staff member

Those of us that were paying attention saw him, talked to him, and even rode the lift with him. ;)

:lol:

There were LOTS of people there, it was hard to keep track of who was there and who wasn't.

bvibert

Staff member
And Brian could do me a huge favor and edit out the disaster that was me on the topsection.. fugly from the get go and only got worse after I passed him. I am not a clutch guy.. doesn't bode well for the comp...

If I caught any disasters then I'll do my best to be kind. ;)

MR. evil

Great day for sure. I don't think I can ever remember skiing with that many great skiers at one time. I will have to check out Mogulskiing.net tonight to see what those guys are saying out our little hill. They all seemed pretty impressed with our bump run.

Madroch

We (I won't out the participants) were discussing a preferred format for the comp... with all the talent around, we think all of us one and (most likely) dones should go first, so as not to have to follow, or be followed, by the likes of 180 and co. Also, we may look better to the judges and our throngs of adoring fans, being compared to ourselves...then we can sit on the deck or trailside in the sun and enjoy the show.

Greg

Staff member
As if the 60 degree sunny weather didn't clue me in that today must have been epic, the phone calls from 2knees and powhunter confirmed it. Sounds like it was one helluva gathering today. Sorry I missed it, but I was there in spirit. How's this for irony. Last night at a neighbor's party, I looked at the bottom of a cap from a Magic Hat I was drinking and read this:

irony.jpg

:-o Almost creepy. It seems like the mogul gods were trying to tell me something. :lol: Wish I could have been there, but no dice. Anyway, glad the Gunbarrel Gathering II was a success and also happy to hear some new rippers decided to check out our little hill. Both Pat and Steve commented that Chris Sullivan was surveying things from the bottom of Gunny, and seemed very psyched about how the spring bump season at Sundown shaped up. Hopefully days like today will solidify the mogul approach for years to come.

:spread:

jack97

Had a great time at your local hill today, the turn out was great. Some of those lines were sick today and it got sicker into the day.

I didn't get to talk with everybody but the guys I did ride up with were cool and fun to be around with. You local guys have a thing good going over there, I have to come back again.

bvibert

Staff member
The video from the camera is pretty poor, but I'll get some up in a little bit. For now here's some pics I took:

P3150018.JPG

P3150019.JPG

Grampa Pow
P3150020.JPG

Money line
P3150021.JPG

gmcunni

i spent my sunday afternoon picking up crap (literally!) in my backyard. glad to hear you guys had a great time. wish i could have been there.