• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Giveaway - (2) Passes to Wildcat / Attitash

skiNEwhere

Didn't enter this contest but I agree with what others say....minimum post count to prevent people from making multiple usernames. 50 seems like a fair number and high enough to prevent multiple accounts.

wa-loaf

Didn't enter this contest but I agree with what others say....minimum post count to prevent people from making multiple usernames. 50 seems like a fair number and high enough to prevent multiple accounts.

I think these contests are meant to pull new users in. Sure some will come and just post to win, but those are the breaks. Hopefully some will stay and Nick can increase add revenue ... :p

skiNEwhere

I think these contests are meant to pull new users in. Sure some will come and just post to win, but those are the breaks. Hopefully some will stay and Nick can increase add revenue ... :p

True, but on the flip side you don't want to alienate the members that put a lot of time making all the discussions that lurkers read in the first place. Needs to be a little balance.

50 posts is not a lot and should motivate new users to post.

wa-loaf

True, but on the flip side you don't want to alienate the members that put a lot of time making all the discussions that lurkers read in the first place. Needs to be a little balance.

50 posts is not a lot and should motivate new users to post.

Eh, we'll bitch and moan a bit, but most of us are invested enough in the site that we'll come back anyway. The entry system works in our favor so most of the regulars will win at some point. I won Pats Peak tickets last season. Hoping to score something again this year ...

gmcunni

Eh, we'll bitch and moan a bit, but most of us are invested enough in the site that we'll come back anyway. The entry system works in our favor so most of the regulars will win at some point. I won Pats Peak tickets last season. Hoping to score something again this year ...

winning is fun and i've won twice i think. both times gave tix to another forum member because i couldn't work it out. hoping to win again soon and actually USE them.

BenedictGomez

I think these contests are meant to pull new users in.

Definitely.

I'm just amazed at how a freebie thread will get 100 posts in short order from people I've never seen. Lurkers, yes, but I've always suspected RSS feeds too given how quickly it happens. The proverbial "prize pigs" as someone else suggested.

gmcunni

Definitely.

I'm just amazed at how a freebie thread will get 100 posts in short order from people I've never seen. Lurkers, yes, but I've always suspected RSS feeds too given how quickly it happens. The proverbial "prize pigs" as someone else suggested.

az on facebook as 2700 "likers" so they get an alert too.. certainly an overlap with registered users here tho. i actually saw the contest on FB before noticing it here.

yeggous

az on facebook as 2700 "likers" so they get an alert too.. certainly an overlap with registered users here tho. i actually saw the contest on FB before noticing it here.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

So in the he last week did you day you where giving away contest to SLC with hotel and air fare paid fore lol.