• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown St. Patty's Day

2knees

brilliant day, laid back vibe. hell we were about the only people there. Greg was tearing it up. skied a while with Barts wife Janine. Awesome skier and really cool to hang with. Even took some runs with Ishovelsnow. Who knew a jibber could rail bump lines?

bumps are just fantastic and skiing with those people just made a great day even better.

MrMagic

very nice havent been to sundown since sat am cant wait to get back there tomarrow

MR. evil

Sounds like a great day! I hope conditions are as good or better tommorrow for the clinic.

o3jeff

Just got back, conditions still the same as they were Sunday, other than they seem to be growing.

I am slowly figuring out this bump stuff, after you guys left I played around for a bunch and found out if I can keep forward my speed seems to stay more in check versus when I hang towards the back seat, but am also finding out the faster I go the quicker I can get the skis to turn. Now to work on finding the balance.

MR. evil

Just got back, conditions still the same as they were Sunday, other than they seem to be growing.

I am slowly figuring out this bump stuff, after you guys left I played around for a bunch and found out if I can keep forward my speed seems to stay more in check versus when I hang towards the back seat, but am also finding out the faster I go the quicker I can get the skis to turn. Now to work on finding the balance.

Its staying forward that I have trouble with. I can start off forward and make it 5 or 6 bumps, but then I hit one too fast, or don't absorb enough and then I am in back seat city.

gmcunni

Its staying forward that I have trouble with. I can start off forward and make it 5 or 6 bumps, but then I hit one too fast, or don't absorb enough and then I am in back seat city.

i find staying forward is less strenuous on my quads. as soon as i get in the back seat my legs ache.

MR. evil

i find staying forward is less strenuous on my quads. as soon as i get in the back seat my legs ache.

No doubt that forward is where you want to be, its just easier said than done for me.

2knees

just burn em and turn em and stop worrying about it my brothers.

its spring, its soft, and you can just let it fly.

MR. evil

Thats what I have been doing. I think I have skied the bumps faster the past two weekends than ever before.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sundown will get a visit from me next spring Fo Sho. Can't make it this year, but damn, it's like guaranteed great spring bumps from March 1st on there. There isn't another place in New England that can say that.

o3jeff

I tried that, hopped into that nice line you guys were using, after about 4-5 turns my brain and feet weren't on the same path and flying I went.:-D

bvibert

Staff member

I've been working on getting back forward after being thrown in the back seat, that's where driving the hands forward helps. I've usually shot out of my line by the time I collect myself, but I'm getting there.

Greg

Staff member
Video is uploading now. Got some great footage.

Sick freakin' day. Perfect bumps, bluebird sky, warm, but not annoying so. Got started around 11:30. Skied till 5. Being I haven't been out in a week, I'm cooked, but in a good way. Great getting several runs in with Jarrod, of course Pat as well as Jeanine. Pat was ripping as usual. Very satisfied, but 5 beers deep and I'm borderline comatose. Twisters are rad; I just need to detune them; I was hooking up like crazy.

BTW, a cool surprise at the end of the video.....the........official Bump or Bust 3 first place trophy is unveiled. It's a riot!

bvibert

Staff member
Glad you guys had a good time! I wish I was out there with you today.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

2knees

how'd that cossack come out? it looked sick from my vantage point.

Greg

Staff member
how'd that cossack come out? it looked sick from my vantage point.

Pretty good. Not as rad as mondeo's, but I'm improving. Thanks for shooting all that vid. It really came out pretty damn good. It's about a third uploaded. Hoping the processing time is reasonable. You were ripping it today man.

Greg

Staff member
Video

About 73% uploaded:

2knees

Nice vid.

I f*&%king love the trophy. The golden gun award......

MogulQueen, welcome and great to meet you today. You're a great skier