• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bump or bust - 3/17/12

deadheadskier

Staff member
you know, the fall doesn't like all that bad, but even wrong angle falls at slow speeds can cause damage. Had a friend rupture his spleen taking a tumble snowboarding at a very low rate of speed.

wa-loaf

you know, the fall doesn't like all that bad, but even wrong angle falls at slow speeds can cause damage. Had a friend rupture his spleen taking a tumble snowboarding at a very low rate of speed.

yeah, was expecting something more spectacular. I'm too lazy, but someone should put together a compilation of all of his Bump and Bust runs ...

gmcunni

lower section of the course had been reseeded the night before. it was a bit funky and pretty solid until the sun came out, which wasn't until later rounds.

2knees

Was just downloading what footage i have. some pretty crazy airs from Bobby Z. Got Dave and 180's head to head plus 180's winning run and Frank and PJ's duel. I'll try to get these up tonight.

Hope the guy who really got hurt is ok. didnt see what happened but they had oxygen on him when he went by.

goldsbar

I don't know, looked bad to me. I'd rather do a smooth tumble at 50mph (ok, maybe 35) than smack something like that at moderate speed. Some of my worst crashes have been at 5mph. I bruised or broke ribs once by being lazy on my first turn of a mogal run, catching heavy snow and falling down the backside of a mogul onto the next mogul on my ribs. Was going about 2mph at the start but the leverage of the downhill fall really slammed me. Took some time to get up. Ribs hurt for 3-4 weeks. 2knees was going at a decent clip to begin with.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I have timed my speed and just skied with Pat on that lower part of Gunny last week....He was going faster then it looks my guess is around 25 to 30 mph. I bet that hurt!

SkiDork

Kept getting error using the wireless at the condo but it worked from home.

Just uploaded so give it about 1/2 hour to cook, figure 12:45 AM

The runs are all in order except for the consolation runs which are at the end (in order of those)

In the interest of time I didn't put headings on each run, just put the table of contents with starting times for each run. Sportsnetamerica makes it pretty easy to scroll to a time. Its also decent resolution on full screen.

I got most peoples names just missed a couple. I tried to put bib numbers on the ones I missed.

I also apologize for the undoubted multiple name misspellings.

Enjoy!

http://www.sportsnetamerica.com/node/244603

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Great pictures at this link for sure.
That's the guy Sundown hired this year for their photography. I agree, he does a fantastic job!

SkiDork - I haven't watched the video yet, but thank you for doing this! Iceman is lucky to have a father like you!

Thank you for this Pat and Jeff.

Thank you to all my Sundown and Killington friends. Our small but warm mogul skiing community is a rare place in today's world, one I am proud to be a part of. I hope that we can continue this tradition for many years to come.

SkiDork

Like I just said on Facebook, Alan's ability to go direct is amazing. I believe thats what won him the comp on Saturday.