• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

can you and if so, how do you post pics to your gallery from a mobile device?

bvibert

Staff member
Foiled! I was going to post a pic of the waves crashing on the beach as I sit here and enjoy a few pops!

I can't seem to access the gallery at all from my mobile. :(

The mobile version of the site leaves a little to be desired IMHO, I wish there was an option to load the full version... I still wouldn't be able to upload photos, but there's other stuff that would be easier.

Anyway, if you want to access the gallery you can go here:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/

The best I can come up with to get pictures here from the phone is to upload to facebook and then paste the URL of the facebook pic into a post. Copying and pasting can be a pain on mobile devices though, and you'd obviously need a facebook account.

bvibert

Staff member
The best I can come up with to get pictures here from the phone is to upload to facebook and then paste the URL of the facebook pic into a post. Copying and pasting can be a pain on mobile devices though, and you'd obviously need a facebook account.

Turns out that method was more of a PITA then it was worth... :-?

gmcunni

i seem to recall Greg posting pictures of Sugarloaf from his mobile last year. is that a special admin thing or does he know a secret?

bvibert

Staff member
Ok, now with brian's link above, I was able to get into my gallery and upload the photo. But now the only thing I can do is I think just post the link. Can you embed the image through a mobile?

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/11193

Neat! I wasn't able to upload from my phone. What kind of mobile device are you using?

If you have the url of the .jpg (I'm not sure if it's shown in the mobile version or not. Anyway, if you have the url just put [img][/img] around it in your post, like this:

[img]http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/1127/medium/IMG-20100901-00210.jpg[/img]

And you get this:

IMG-20100901-00210.jpg

Glenn

I haven't tried this yet...but it may work. On a blackberry, you can select how websites see the browser. When this site 'sees" the bb mobile browser, it loads the mobile site. I'm thinking that if you switch the BB browser to show firefox or IE, you'd get the full version of the forum vs the mobile.

However, it would be pretty slick of the mobile version allowed you upload attachments.

I do like the mobile version of this site. While you don't get every feature, it does make catching up on threads or PM's pretty easy.

roark

You should be able to set your mobile device's browser to desktop rather than mobile, that should get you the full version.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Neat! I wasn't able to upload from my phone. What kind of mobile device are you using?

If you have the url of the .jpg (I'm not sure if it's shown in the mobile version or not. Anyway, if you have the url just put [img][/img] around it in your post, like this:

[img]http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/1127/medium/IMG-20100901-00210.jpg[/img]

And you get this:

IMG-20100901-00210.jpg

I am using the new BB Torch. I am enjoying it....I had an older BB Pearl and the new one is a much better internet browsing experience.

I think it might be easier to just add this: [img][/img] manually, as Brian suggests than to change the browser preferences.

Glenn

I am using the new BB Torch. I am enjoying it....I had an older BB Pearl and the new one is a much better internet browsing experience.

I think it might be easier to just add this: [img][/img] manually, as Brian suggests than to change the browser preferences.

Cool! Could you post a new thread about it in the misc forum? I'm on a 9700 running OS 5.0. I'd love to hear about the touchscreen/keyboard combo...and OS 6.