• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing today!

prsboogie

Headed to Ragged, late start but will stay to last bell. Will be with wife and kids charcoal jacket white helmet and navy pants. Say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Cruising around a relatively quiet Mount Snow this morning - hope to be down to I-91 before the forecasted freezing rain hits mid/late PM!! Still 14* and clear at 10:15AM

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

I'm not. Home sick with the flu. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

Well my weekend plans ended up being drastically changed. Original plan was Vail and Breck. We ended up skiing only A Basin. Wife was concerned about last minute Christmas shopping on Friday and Saturday we over slept (Christmas party side effect) and bailed. So Christmas it was. We thought about today but no one in my family is in to it today.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Well my weekend plans ended up being drastically changed. Original plan was Vail and Breck. We ended up skiing only A Basin. Wife was concerned about last minute Christmas shopping on Friday and Saturday we over slept (Christmas party side effect) and bailed. So Christmas it was. We thought about today but no one in my family is in to it today.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

LOL. I'm only laughing because it happens to the best of us, all the time Good thing is as of now New Years is open and the I trying to get out of town (ie somewhere up north) before we get an invite.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

snoseek

Driving over to crotched for some afternoon turns. It should be interesting to say the least.

snoseek

Leaving in a little for a some twilight turns at crotched again

Whitey

Went to Loon yesterday, have Max Pass and wanted to burn a day there. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was busy and I never once rode the gondola but it was no more than a 5-10 min wait a couple of times at the 7 bros triple or the Kanc. The South peak lift was ski on and north peak and eastside were too. It was icy & I wasn't that into the skiing for a good chunk of the day. But I finally found a thin line on Walking Boss between where the edge of the grooming was and the untouched stuff that had a somewhat ski-able mogul line. Nothing great but it was a heck of a lot better than skiing more icy groomers. South Peak was better for conditions, Rip Saw had mostly edge-able stuff other than the icy section below the headwall (but that part is always icy) a couple of fast downhill runs on that felt good.

I didn't have high expectations as this was my family's 1st time out this year and I was looking at it as a "shake out" kind of day. But the kids enjoyed it and I got just enough "decent" runs that it worked out OK. I parked 3 cars away from the Pemigewasset base lodge at South Peak at 9AM on a "busy" week. Not sure how busy the lots were at the main base, but South Peak base was a breeze.

dmw

Going to be an interesting evening there.

Any Crotched regulars have any insight on whether the Rocket is likely to spin tomorrow, i.e. wind issues?

crank

We xc skied kingdom trails this morning then skied Burke in the storm 2-4pm. Staying at the new hotel tomorrow will be good!