• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 3/19/2017

Glenn

Good conditions on the hill; even days after the storm. Nice packed powder all over the mountain. Some scratch on the steeps and in the bumps. It was pretty busy, but not as bad as I thought it would be. The Shooting Star lift wasn't running due to mechanical issues. Clouds in the AM kept the surface powdery. Things got a little soft towards the base areas once the March sun came out. Just a great day to be skiing.

IMG_3370.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn

Didn't get a chance to explore them unfortunately. But I did see a few people ducking into West Pilot just off of Work Road.

nkLottery

How are the woods looking? Heading somewhere Wednesday and noticed they have some open.

I was there yesterday 03/19 as well and can say woods are hit or miss. Test Pilot is pretty boney and scraped. Diamond in the Rough and Kidderbrook Ravine are skiied out but in pretty good shape. Shredwood Forest is in okay shape, a bit boney but not as bad as Test Pilot. Untouched stuff is starting to congeal and ski a bit more like cement, so you want the sweet spot, a little bit skiied out but not exposed or boney.

Glenn

I was there yesterday 03/19 as well and can say woods are hit or miss. Test Pilot is pretty boney and scraped. Diamond in the Rough and Kidderbrook Ravine are skiied out but in pretty good shape. Shredwood Forest is in okay shape, a bit boney but not as bad as Test Pilot. Untouched stuff is starting to congeal and ski a bit more like cement, so you want the sweet spot, a little bit skiied out but not exposed or boney.

Excellent!

Appreciate the update on the woods. I was going to do the bumps on Upper Liftline, but there was some serious scratch. I did do a few bumps under the Gondi, but did run into some boilerplate. At least they are letting the bumps form in some sections.