• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of Feb 17 to 23rd. President's Week

hammer

Latest tends I'm seeing are that the storm this weekend will affect SNE but will not be of much benefit to NNE. Maybe will help resorts in ME?

Also seeing indications that this will be a wet snow, just what we need in the flatlands at this point.

I'm tired of all of the snow in my back yard...send it up north please.

(it's still early so I'm really just :stirpot:)

Puck it

Not as early as you think.

Cannon is reporting 5-6", and saying it's still snowing.

I was suppose to go up today but they never updated their report until after 6:30AM. I got showered and dressed for work and saw the update. Cannonball is up there and he says that in places it is 8-10" and still snowing. I may go tomorrow for sloppy seconds.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I was suppose to go up today but they never updated their report until after 6:30AM. I got showered and dressed for work and saw the update. Cannonball is up there and he says that in places it is 8-10" and still snowing. I may go tomorrow for sloppy seconds.

If they get another 5" or so today, and then 4-7" on Sat, I may go there instead of Ragged on Sun.

BenedictGomez

Here are the overnight runs of both the US and EU weather models for this weekend.

The GFS is a lot sexier for ski country (to say the least), but unfortunately the Euro has been beating it like Tyson on Glass Joe this winter.

tttttttttttttttttttttttc.png

fffffffffffffffffffffffm.jpg

dmw

They're reporting 5" at Pico today, but it seems close to a foot at the summit.

Puck it

If they get another 5" or so today, and then 4-7" on Sat, I may go there instead of Ragged on Sun.

I may not be able to get those the parking beers from you for the ski suggestion. My son has his first Regional game on Sat in Danbury for Uconn club hockey. If they win then we may go down again, but if they lose. I will be up, since I mess up today.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I may not be able to get those the parking beers from you for the ski suggestion. My son has his first Regional game on Sat in Danbury for Uconn club hockey. If they win then we may go down again, but if they lose. I will be up, since I mess up today.

Boo. This weekend would've been ideal too, since I'll likely be skiing solo. I'll keep some in the trunk just in case.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Here are the overnight runs of both the US and EU weather models for this weekend.

The GFS is a lot sexier for ski country (to say the least), but unfortunately the Euro has been beating it like Tyson on Glass Joe this winter.

tttttttttttttttttttttttc.png

fffffffffffffffffffffffm.jpg

Snowforecast isn't riding this train at all. I'd be interested to hear from Win Chill, and why he's not buying it.

BenedictGomez

Snowforecast isn't riding this train at all. I'd be interested to hear from Win Chill, and why he's not buying it.

My guess is he probably just hasn't updated the website yet. Pretty strong model agreement that "something" will happen.

EDIT: I just ran the Canuck model for ***** and giggles, and our friends from Canada are on board for some snow too.

dddddddddddddddddddh.gif

Last edited:

drjeff

Southeastern New England (in particular TF Green Airport just South of Providence) will get hit hard Sunday AM by this storm. Here's why.

My wife and my daughter rescheduled a flight to Denver from Saturday AM (when my son and I are flying out) until Sunday AM, so my daughter could race in a U-10 GS at Mount Snow on Saturday (she's already going to miss a race the following weekend when we're flying back from Colorado and didn't want to miss 2 races, plus there was no change in flight fees on Southwest for them to switch days of their flight). Beacuse of this, and for absolutely no scientific reason whatsoever ;) , i'm fairly confident that this storm will blow up and atleast hit areas South of the Mass Pike hard on Saturday evening and Sunday morning, just so i'll have to listen to my wife complain about cancelled flights and having to rebook flights and Colorado ground transportation while my son and I are on the hill in Vail on Sunday ;) :lol: :rolleyes:

Glenn

Southeastern New England (in particular TF Green Airport just South of Providence) will get hit hard Sunday AM by this storm. Here's why.

My wife and my daughter rescheduled a flight to Denver from Saturday AM (when my son and I are flying out) until Sunday AM, so my daughter could race in a U-10 GS at Mount Snow on Saturday (she's already going to miss a race the following weekend when we're flying back from Colorado and didn't want to miss 2 races, plus there was no change in flight fees on Southwest for them to switch days of their flight). Beacuse of this, and for absolutely no scientific reason whatsoever ;) , i'm fairly confident that this storm will blow up and atleast hit areas South of the Mass Pike hard on Saturday evening and Sunday morning, just so i'll have to listen to my wife complain about cancelled flights and having to rebook flights and Colorado ground transportation while my son and I are on the hill in Vail on Sunday ;) :lol: :rolleyes:

Oh snap! Jeff is gone...and there's a storm on the horizon. This usually bodes well for those of us who are at the mountain. I'll probably owe Jeff a few beers. Fingers crossed that past history is indicative of future results.