• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1/22/09 (night)

Greg

Staff member
Good session. Got to the mountain about 6:40 and immediately found Brian in the base lodge. Eventually met up with MR. evil, mondeo and powhunter. Temptor is pretty good. The lower bumps seemed similar to what I saw in the vids and pics from last night. Some snowmaking on them though and they were a bit more skied in. Overall, it'll be fine by Saturday. We all hit the right kicker, or should I say skied over it for the most part. They still need some shaping to both the jumps and landings, but I'm sure Jarrod and co. will get everything set for Saturday. Brian and I skied till close. The others left a run or two earlier. Fun night.

bvibert

Staff member
Fun night, glad I got out. My legs were toast by the end though. Temptor skied very similarly to the night before, but a bit more skied in and a little top coating. I was having fun blasting the Ex bumps again last night. 8)

downhill04

Did it look like there were any changes made to the kickers in the past 24 hours? I have little insight to the left kicker but the take off and landing on the right kicker was perfect Wednesday night.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow:)

Greg

Staff member
Did it look like there were any changes made to the kickers in the past 24 hours? I have little insight to the left kicker but the take off and landing on the right kicker was perfect Wednesday night.

The right kicker had a big push pile in front of it we tried to clear. I think it could actually use a bit more pop which they could achieve by scooping down in front of it. They'll clean them both up tomorrow morning, I'd presume.

bvibert

Staff member

It didn't look like any work had been done, but the right kicker was a bit more beat up from skier traffic, specifically the lip. The landing was worn down a bit more too.