• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Atomic Theory Question

jrmagic

Two that I've been eyeing...fwiw, along with those Atomics are:

(LINE) Mr.Pollard's OPUS.....(available = 178 <Good with me>)
(MOMENT) Bibby Pro...........(available = 174, 184)

Agreed, more $$$...

IMO the Opus i a fun ski but a little soft in the shovel for my tastes and the 178 skis kind of short. The Bibby is a much more well rounded ski. Stiffer overall but still fun in the trees and does a nice job on the frontside.

wa-loaf

Sealed it. Just bought some Volkl RaceTiger Speedwalls in a 180.

Bene288

Really looking forward to a little review Bene288 = only thing preventing me from grabbing it were the reviews of much less edgehold...hope those were miss-hits(intended or not).

Just want to ski those things and see what conditions they might handle Hawk. Powder/pp is what's fun and there's often enough off-resort up here. Two skis will sometimes read more differently than how they ski off-piste, oh maybe there's some difference but sometimes that "difference" that reads bad sometimes gives a fun ride. <-- Certainly not the definitive expert rule....
$.01

That was also a factor for me. But from the reviews I hear this is a great one quiver ski. However I still have a race ski for my carving needs. I have seen a few videos of people ripping on hardpack with these skis. I'll give you a review on Sunday night. I should be getting out somewhere.

bigbog

I was thinking 170 -. I'm down to about 165lbs now and far from aggressive on skis.

Bene288, terrific....

03jeff, the ski I see up at local shop(think it's a 10/11) = 177 = would be perfect for you...remember it's swingweight is gonna be nice and light. With the nice torsional stiff they're going to be easy to tip & turn as well as add forward pressure if needed....$.01.

jrmagic: Thanks for input...any opinon from Theory/Coax(183?) travels? Bibby Pro sounds nice.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

That changed in less than 6 hours!

No, did exactly what I said I would. Got some new race skis on sale. Will keep the Wateas for another year. Demoing 2013 skis next Friday so hope to find some new contenders for a pow ski.

gmcunni

It won't do you any good now cause your're there but you should have considered renting the DPS Wailers down at snow Wizards. They would shine today.

i thought about demoing the DPS on the way up.. had half a mind to pull into their lot and just walk in but then i bagged it cuz i was running a bit late.

wa-loaf

Racetiger > Progressor

Bought them on Friday, Raced on them yesterday. Those skis are a blast and rip better than the Progressors. I think I prefer the consistent turn radius (18.9m) rather than the dual radius stuff on the progressor. Hold a great edge (frozen cord and ice no prob) and are actually lighter weight than the fischers. Only negative is the top sheet seems to be rather delicate. Already chipped some off the side and put a nice scratch on the back when my pole slipped trying to pop the binding off.

bigbog

That changed in less than 6 hours!

Not the only thing to change in 6 hours+....nothing but good reviews wa-loaf. I was thinking earlier about LINE's Influence 105, dumped that thought...then lined up pair of once mounted Bibby Pros(from TGR), but with the change in temps, 4wd stuff $$, and basement work coming up = put the wider skis on hold till next fall...maybe will help in appeasing Ullr.

wa-loaf

Not the only thing to change in 6 hours+....Was thinking earlier about LINE's Influence 105, dumped that thought...then lined up pair of once mounted Bibby Pros(from TGR), but with the change in temps, 4wd stuff $$, and basement work coming up = put the wider skis on hold till next fall...maybe will help in appeasing Ulr.

Actually I went from talking about 95-105 mm skis to grabbing a pair that are 68mm!

hammer

These actually sound like they could complement my Progressors...but I'd need to retire (sell) my Elans first. With conditions this season the Progressors have been my "all mountain" ski.