• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Major Tapatalk update on iOS

Edd

Just downloaded. Wow, this is very different. Looks promising at first glance.

twinplanx

I hope one for windows phone is not far behind. It seems to crash frequently and unless a pic is a jpeg I can't see it :(

twinplanx

I hope not either, my son just got a Nokia phone with WP and he really likes it.
I think it's a decent platform, just wish it was more popular. Most apps/mobile sites have ios & Android capabilities but treat the windows phone like a red headed stepchild.

Edd

I think it's a decent platform, just wish it was more popular. Most apps/mobile sites have ios & Android capabilities but treat the windows phone like a red headed stepchild.

Chalk it up to $$. I assume MS is providing extra financial incentives for developers because WP is obviously not worth their time having only 3-ish percent of the market but I don't know for sure. It's daunting with how brutally dominant iOS and Android are.

twinplanx

I just don't like how ios users are married to there system, compounded with the lack of external memory options. There is no denying there popularity thought. I actually have an "old" windows 7 phone, got for free before I dropped at&t...

Ridge Racer

I just don't like how ios users are married to there system, compounded with the lack of external memory options. There is no denying there popularity thought. I actually have an "old" windows 7 phone, got for free before I dropped at&t...

This. Unfortunately Android phone makers (sans Samsung) are going the way of no external memory or removable battery also. Luckily Samsung is seemingly bucking the trend.

Edd

This. Unfortunately Android phone makers (sans Samsung) are going the way of no external memory or removable battery also. Luckily Samsung is seemingly bucking the trend.

I keep reading about how Samsung may use their own OS down the line.

The rap about iOS users being married...I don't know if its really all that bad. I have an iPhone and iPad which covers all my computing needs. I do not use iTunes..ever. For music I use Rhapsody, Pandora, and Songza. I don't really feel boxed in at all.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The Official AZ app will be getting updated soon also. They are in beta for the "v4" version. I really like the new version a lot better. Also, Tapatalk just released a new plug-in for the content side of the site which I will be testing out. stay tuned!

Edd

Yeah after using it for a few days its a pretty impressive update. Very smooth and responsive now.

dmc

I just don't like how ios users are married to there system, compounded with the lack of external memory options.

Because it's a safe and stable platform that integrates well with the rest of my Apple systems...

I have a ton of storage on my iPhone/iPad... I never really miss an external card with clouds becoming more popular I store a ton of stuff on them... And since I'm almost always connected to the internet(even on planes) - I use clouds which integrate seamlessly into IOS and allow me to access my info from anyone of my platforms - work Windows laptop included... And all my music is on the Apple iCloud so I can use any device to access thousands of hours of my music..

I don't know why people are so down on Apple.. I could care less what people use as long as it works for what they need..
Be happy... use what makes you happy....

dmc

I never understood it either. I prefer Android but why do I care if someone else prefers Apple or Windows Phone? Whatever.

I consider ourselves lucky to even have a choice...

I remember the Palm OS days all too well..

twinplanx

I must have dropped the old windows phone one to many times. It seemed to be working fine, then I picked it up and although there was no physical damage the screen displayed as if I spiked my phone in some kind of sadistic touchdown celebration :-(
...so I went & bought an Andriod phone. Its taking some getting used to! I not so sure this version of Taptalk is for me, I can't find a "search bar" or anyway to start a new thread. At least the phone came with a $25 google play card that I can use to get some apps. So any suggestions? Also there was a thread about mtn bike/ski tracking apps, that sounded very cool. If you guys could point me in the right direction that would really help me out. Thanx ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Forum Fiend v1.0.

ScottySkis

I must have dropped the old windows phone one to many times. It seemed to be working fine, then I picked it up and although there was no physical damage the screen displayed as if I spiked my phone in some kind of sadistic touchdown celebration :-(
...so I went & bought an Andriod phone. Its taking some getting used to! I not so sure this version of Taptalk is for me, I can't find a "search bar" or anyway to start a new thread. At least the phone came with a $25 google play card that I can use to get some apps. So any suggestions? Also there was a thread about mtn bike/ski tracking apps, that sounded very cool. If you guys could point me in the right direction that would really help me out. Thanx ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Forum Fiend v1.0.
Search with Android on taptalk just touch the message and hit more then search comes up. Start a new thread which I do a lot you have go to alpine zone . Com through website .That is what I do.