• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing Mag Back Issue

srmski

I'm looking to purchase a back issue of the February 1997 issue of Skiing Magazine and have looked everywhere to try and find it! I'm actually looking for one article in it. Anyway...any thoughts on how to accomplish it or does anyone have it kicking around? Thanks!

Glenn

Check e-bay. That's probably your best bet for finding an older magazine.

srmski

Thanks for those ideas. Tried them and came up with nothing. Was hoping someone might have a stash on here! So weird can't find one

Domeskier

Thanks for those ideas. Tried them and came up with nothing.

Except rummaging through bdfreetuna mom's trash, right? Seems to be a lot of back issues of Ski floating around, but not Skiing. Maybe check a library? They might have it on microfilm/microfiche, but that's probably a long-shot. Good luck in your search.

Edit: Old editions of Skiing magazine state that microfilm editions are available from Xerox University of Microfilm, Ann Arbor Michigan. Microfiche is available from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Division, Wooster, OH. Not sure if any of those places still exist or if they continued archiving the magazine through 1997, but you might want to check them out.

Last edited:

srmski

Except rummaging through bdfreetuna mom's trash, right? Seems to be a lot of back issues of Ski floating around, but not Skiing. Maybe check a library? They might have it on microfilm/microfiche, but that's probably a long-shot. Good luck in your search.

Edit: Old editions of Skiing magazine state that microfilm editions are available from Xerox University of Microfilm, Ann Arbor Michigan. Microfiche is available from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Division, Wooster, OH. Not sure if any of those places still exist or if they continued archiving the magazine through 1997, but you might want to check them out.
Thanks for that!

Much to my wife's frustration, I've kept many years of both SKI and SKIING, but alas, do not have the issue you're looking for. I really was hoping my "hobby" would help you out, but unfortunately no can do. Just out of curiosity, what's the article you're looking to review?

srmski

It was a Kristen Ulmer article...Supercharge your skiing....something like that. And it was very helpful to me back then and even though I saved the copy for years I somehow threw it away. Just would love to get my hands on it again. And of course now I'm on a mission