• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NHL hockey playoffs start tonight

deadheadskier

Staff member
The Penguins pulling the comeback would be epic. Oh how Philly fans would melt after getting swept by the Bs last year and choking with a 3-0 series lead this year.

That said, I'm not all that comfortable with the Bruins making it out of the first round.

soposkier

I'm not that confident either, we will see later this afternoon

WOOOOOO! Nasty goal by Seguin, drawing the goalie out just far enough beforepulling the trigger. Nice steal by Krejci to set it all up. Should be one hell of a game 7 on Wednesday.

NHL playoffs are the best playoffs in all of sports, can't beat the intensity of every game and the fact that any team can win on any night, no guarantees. Seems like every "expert" was picking the Penguins to win the stanley cup, and now they are out. Now hoping the Kings can finish off the Canucks tonite.

ScottySkis

we need the 94 players to show the current Rangers how to play in power plays in the playoffs, wtf typical Rangers we need some passion, Lets Go Rangers, or golf for them soon

soposkier

we need the 94 players to show the current Rangers how to play in power plays in the playoffs, wtf typical Rangers we need some passion, Lets Go Rangers, or golf for them soon

Rangers suck, messier isnt walking through that door

deadheadskier

Staff member
sorry bruins fans, but you knew they werent going to repeat

No one knows

The last 4 Cup Winners, 9 out of the last 11 in fact, have all lost in the 1st round of the following years playoffs. Heck Vancouver, a finalist last year and this year's President's Cup winners were out in the 1st round as well. When you win a Cup, you play 20-25 extra brutal games and have a short off season. It's no wonder there hasn't been a repeat winner since 1998.

More than any other league, the NHL has found a formula for parity. The teams are incredibly evenly matched such that what matters come playoffs is health and a hot goal tender.

The only disappointment I really have this year is that Lucic and Kreijci didn't show up in the playoffs. Lucic doesn't need to score, but he needs to be a physical presence on the ice and he really wasn't. Krejci is a horribly inconsistent player, so it's no surprise that he didn't show up.

Certainly going to be an interesting off season. I'm guessing Thomas gets shopped hard and the Tuukka era begins. Hopefully they pick up a veteran goal scorer with good hands around the net to play with Seguin. Alexander Semin would actually be a perfect fit.

4aprice

Shocked that the Bruins are out, not that they won't repeat, but that they did not take that game last night. It is hard to repeat. Lots of surprises in this years playoffs. From a fans point of view I'm bummed the Bruins are out. As a Devil fan I have little confidence that we will pull off our own game 7 tonight, so I was looking forward to a Philly-Boston, New York-Philly, or best of all Boston-New York match up in the next 2 rounds. I hate to say it but I have little interest in the Nashville's, Florida's and Phoenix's of the NHL.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

Game 7 for Rangers and devils tonight i like them both into we play each other, then its lets go Rangers.

jlboyell

deadhead, 4aprice, just some ribbing from a flyers fan. it is the hardest tournament in sports for a reason

4aprice

Game 7 for Rangers and devils tonight i like them both into we play each other, then its lets go Rangers.

If the Devils win, we won't see the Rangers in the second round. It will be Philly unless Ottawa scores a stunning upset. Then we would get Washington with home ice. LETS GO DEVILS.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Warp Daddy

Happy for ya Scotty yer boyz pulled it out ----------I live an hr south of Ottawa and watched several of their am TV show segments this am and man all of Canada is in depression :>) !