• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking to replace 05/06 Volkl supersport allstars 168's

Bobct

Best ski I ever owned. Made for the NE. Skiis like it is on rails. With enough speed I can carve at least a 135 degree turn (180 degree would be heading back up the hill). Probably approaching 100 ski days on them and I feel they are losing torsional rigidity. Still good but not great. This is my second pair of Volkls so i am partial to them. Looking for suggestions. Thanks, Bob :flag:

SkiDork

althought I haven't demo-ed them (yet) I hear GREAT things about the AC50s. I'm looking to try them out REAL soon.

madskier6

The natural replacement for the All Star in the current Volkl line would be the Volkl Tigershark (10 or 12). I've never skied them but you may want to try to demo a pair of the Tigersharks if you get the chance.

kingslug

Last edited:

kbuzz

Just bumping up this older thread. Ive got a pair of 168cms as well. Looking for any general recommendations on something similar but a slightly more forgiving and a touch wider

after 4 pairs of Volkls..

The natural replacement for the All Star in the current Volkl line would be the Volkl Tigershark (10 or 12). I've never skied them but you may want to try to demo a pair of the Tigersharks if you get the chance.

they were all GREAT....EXCEPT my Allstars...never had any edge grip on hardpack...scored a pair of 10' TigerSharks from Northern...I skied them 2 days mid season.....UNBELIEVABLE...dont waste yer $$ on the ones with the tail mounted control...does nada...but you'll love the ski...:)