• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thread Management

deadheadskier

Staff member
as far as I know, you can only ignore individual users, not actual threads. Though that would be a nice feature.

gmcunni

:)

I was going to say - try some self control and just don't click...

Step away from the mouse.

i agree, u think it'd be that easy but with all the complaining last winter about the number of Sundown threads and the call for a dedicated sundown forum i figured it was worth asking to help out those who can't resist the click.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
If you are browsing new posts only, you can remove specific forums from showing up. My new post link removes the daily gear forum. If you were to eliminate the Miscellaneous forum, that would probably clean up your new post screen of most of the junk :spin:

Greg

Staff member
i agree, u think it'd be that easy but with all the complaining last winter about the number of Sundown threads and the call for a dedicated sundown forum i figured it was worth asking to help out those who can't resist the click.

gmcunni FTW!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
If you are browsing new posts only, you can remove specific forums from showing up. My new post link removes the daily gear forum. If you were to eliminate the Miscellaneous forum, that would probably clean up your new post screen of most of the junk :spin:

How does one accomplish this?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
http://forums.alpinezone.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=30

That is the link I have bookmarked. I assume the Gear Deal forum is forum number 30. Though it looks like the thread links are currently drawing from the naming convention instead of the numbering system. Names make it easier to see where you are by referencing the URL but numbers certainly make manipulating things a lot easier. I am not sure if the forum numbering convention even does anything any more if it is no longer the active default. Greg or one of the Mods would be better able to take it from here and provide a forum number list if appropriate. There was a thread on this at one time but I have no idea what key words to search for.

Greg

Staff member
Misc is ID 12:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Play around with changing the value for "f" in the above URL to find other forum IDs and add to Steve's URL as desired. Separate multiple forum IDs with commas, no spaces. Hope this helps.

ta&idaho

Is there a way to ignore threads started by (instead of merely posts by) someone already on your ignore list?