• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"This Car Climbed Mount Washington"

skiNEwhere

Why is this so impressive? Did you drive up it through 2 feet of snow? I doubt it.
:uzi:

I see this on so many cars, I don't get the appeal, what are you proving, that you know how to drive?

Now CLIMBING Mount Washington, I think that's a different story

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
One of the best marketing campaigns ever created.

It is cool. Tourists dig it. I came into serious outdoors pursuits via such tourist traps in my youth. It exposes people to something really cool and many are motivated to take the next stop do to such outposts. It is all good to me.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
They do have the stickers that say I Hiked Mount Washington or I Biked Mount Washington as well. I agree driving isn't really that big of deal but for some people it is ... my mother in law to this day talks about how terrified she was driving up the auto road :roll:

wtcobb

I want a pair of boxers that say "This ass climbed Mount Washington."

Last edited by a moderator:

deadheadskier

Staff member
One of the best marketing campaigns ever created.

It is cool. Tourists dig it. I came into serious outdoors pursuits via such tourist traps in my youth. It exposes people to something really cool and many are motivated to take the next stop do to such outposts. It is all good to me.

agreed

As far as outdoor experiences go, there's not much more "extreme" in the Northeast than climbing Mt. Washington; whether by car, by foot, whatever. Though only 6K feet, the vertical is massive and the summit just towers over most anything else you can experience in the Northeast. It's an adventure going up there. Kudos to anyone who seeks that experience, no matter how they get up there I say.

I think the Auto Road is a great thing. It allows basically anyone to experience the roof of New England. That's a good thing IMO.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Some years ago I made two variations of the sticker:

Forget About My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington

and the other:

Screw My Car, My ASS Climbed Mount Washington

Both types sold quite well!

dmc

I gave out stickers a while ago at Tuckerman Ravine that said -"This board climbed Mount Washington"

To make sure that people didn't litter - I'd only let them have one if they put it on their board(ski) on the spot..

wa-loaf

First time I hiked Washington was when I was 13 at the end of a 7 day hiking trip from Franconia notch. It was really weird getting up there after all that wilderness and seeing all the chubby tourists and parking lot at the top.

dmc

First time I hiked Washington was when I was 13 at the end of a 7 day hiking trip from Franconia notch. It was really weird getting up there after all that wilderness and seeing all the chubby tourists and parking lot at the top.

haha same thing here... One of my first Tucks trips a loooong time ago - before blogs(haha) - we made it to the summit and were shocked to see chubby kids eating sandwiches... After we spent hours getting up there. we were serious boobs then... I think I was wearing ski boots....

Cannonball

Yeah, that is always weird. On the other hand. Grabbing a burger in the middle of a multi-day hike is pretty sweet!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

That is so true ....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

My plan next year is to not be a chubby tourists, but get up their some how.

HilaryA

I gave out stickers a while ago at Tuckerman Ravine that said -"This board climbed Mount Washington"

To make sure that people didn't litter - I'd only let them have one if they put it on their board(ski) on the spot..

I need to find something like that for my dad. 60 years old and he still does Tuck's at least once a year. Badass old man

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
My first experience on Washington was on my AT thru hike. It was mid July. It sleeted on way up from Lakes Hut. You couldn't see cairn to cairn, wind 56 gusting 72. Despite the 4 inches of visibility it was jammed packed. I was shocked. Many of the people had $0500 worth of Clothing $400 GT Jackets and $200 boots etc to drive up.

makimono

About 20 years ago I had one of those stickers on my Subie that I spliced together with a "Born To Ski Wildcat" sticker, so it read
Born To Ski
Mt Washington

:dunce:

Dubld

Tucks is the best, loved the shout out in last years Miller film.

Cheese

Why is this so impressive? Did you drive up it through 2 feet of snow? I doubt it.
:uzi:

I see this on so many cars, I don't get the appeal, what are you proving, that you know how to drive?

Now CLIMBING Mount Washington, I think that's a different story

It's comes free with admission. Chubby tourists like FREE.

Does having this sticker on your car affect it's resale value? :cool:

With most drivers not knowing their automatic transmission can be shifted into other gears besides "D", I'd say it means the brake pads and rotors are toasted.