• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hiking this summer

M

Mongoose

Planning??

I've never been a big planner. Most of my trips are planned the night before I leave. A few of them I jumped into the car and decided on the drive up where I wanted to go, steering wheel in one hand, map in the other! Although I will probably be doing a bushwack of Owls Head and then some other mountains after that. I also want to see if I can do the whole Pemi loop in a day.

pedxing

Summah Time

Mostly I just want to get mysefl and my sons out into the mountains.

I have been trying to complete the Maine and NH portions of the AT. I've got a lot of NH, and all but 25 miles or so of the Maine AT. Part of the challenge will be luring my kids away from the temptations of city life. My 15 y/o has done about 300 miles of the AT with me.

The precise goals aren't that important. If I can get one long 10 - 15 day trek and 1/2 dozen weekends out before September comes, I'll be satisfied.

Mike P.

Plans for May through ...

Planning I can do, getting there is hard. Hoping to get in a solo of Owl's Head, a trip over Bonds & Zealand with friends & spotting cars, maybe an overnight in High Peaks for early summer right after Solstice. In July a sunset trip up Bear or Everett & one up Monadnock. One day in Summer I'll do a Traverse of Franconia Ridge (maybe solo) & an early fall trip to Wildcats.

I'll also put some time in on Airline Trail in Colchester, Hebron area.

octopus

well' lets get it going again. i'd like to go back to the north maine woods again, saw my first moose out there. he stepped right out in front of my jeep and stared at me for a few seconds, prob 20' away.
'

ScottySkis

[Originally posted by Jack]

What is everyone's plans for the summer hiking season? Where do you plan to go?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Administrator on 2001-07-02 09:50 ]</font>

Happy 70 may you have another 30 year's plus of great times skiing your but off Warp!!!:):):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::cool::beer::)

ScottySkis

Dude, what's the matter? Looking for work?

Up I tried of commuting 4 hours each day, and don't make allot of money but thank ful that I have a job with this bad economy. Posted my resume a lot jobs that used pay 13 an hour now pay 8. I will find a new job but it got to be more then 8 an hour for warehouse break backing work.
:thumbdown:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Up I tried of commuting 4 hours each day, and don't make allot of money but thank ful that I have a job with this bad economy. Posted my resume a lot jobs that used pay 13 an hour now pay 8. I will find a new job but it got to be more then 8 an hour for warehouse break backing work.
:thumbdown:

Well wish you luck.